UV LED gas guage 1 pic - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
UV LED gas guage 1 pic
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:30 PM

it's a little more UV then blue it just looks like that kuz of the camera, but anyway, just thought i'd show you gusy what iwas up to tonight with my LEDs hot glue gun and speaker wire lol

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"

Re: UV LED gas guage 1 pic
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:36 PM
P1mp!!!!

Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:27 PM
Thats cool man... How'd ya do that?!

Thursday, June 16, 2005 5:18 PM
well first i had to make a new overlay, i just made it with paper lol, and a glue stick, the cluster will hold it together, eventually i want to get a white face set and redo it, but anyway, i took a dremmel to a few spots on the sides of the gauge face plastic plates and glued the leds in those spots, it only took 4 to get it that bright, i'm thinking of doing more, but i'd have to get a little more proffessional with my wiring, kuz speaker wire is way too big, i can take more pics, and you guys can see how crappy it looks when you can actually see the led's :-p i'm going to be redoing the speedo overlay i made, it's a little too small and the highbeam light doesn't glow, i also have done my turn signal lamps now, so eventually i'll wire everything up in the dark and show you guys the whole thingand i might do a show how to, on "how to do a crappy job making an LED lit guage cluster for second gens" lol!

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search