digital guages - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
digital guages
Monday, October 26, 2009 4:28 PM
has any one tried changing the speed, tach, fuel and oil guages over to digital. just kinda got the idea and wondering how hard it might be. i thinking i'll take out the cluster, fiberglassing a new one for the main 4. speed and tach would be 3" or bigger and fuel and oil 2". but i'm wodering about the other lights in the dash; check engine and such....any info would be great

Re: digital guages
Monday, October 26, 2009 4:45 PM
I was thinking about it for while...cause of the Class 2 databus the only was I could figure to do it would be to cannibalize the current gauge cluster and wire leads in place of the current lights to the new lights.

Basically take apart the current one and just keep the pcb, hide it, and modify it to run wires to the new lights. For the digital gauges you'd most likely have to run all standalone ones. I'm sure it can be done, but you better be damn good at soldering and pretty good at glassing otherwise it's just gonna turn out bad or not work at all.

Would be really cool to see though.
Monday, October 26, 2009 6:37 PM
It has been done quite a few times.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:16 PM
/end post

FOR SALE
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:14 PM
sndsgood wrote:

I WANT! HOW MUCH!!??? lol

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:41 PM
Sndsgood's cluster set up is sick, and I love it...but I think the OP was still looking to retain the stock lights such as the CEL, battery light, turn signal indicators, etc.

If he doesn't care about those then yeah, it's pretty straightforward.

Btw, Sndsgood, did you retain your stock cluster because of Class 2 interaction or not? And if not did it cause any issues?
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:47 AM
Dakota Digital can do it..... I don't remember the person's name, but someone went through me several years ago to get their cluster re-done. It looked great.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:35 PM
You can always wire up some kind of LEDs or something as your CEL and other light indicators if you want them. The installation is really not that difficult at all (I also have digital gauges from Cyberdyne) The most complicated part is installing the sensors I would say.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search