Ralco RZ Short Shifter for a Cavalier install help? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ralco RZ Short Shifter for a Cavalier install help?
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:25 AM
Hi there l was originally looking for a B&M Short Shifter but i couldnt find them for a 99 cavalier because there not beening produced any more so l bought a Ralco RZ Short Shifter but l need some help on the install hopefully theres a DIY?? Any info would be great thanks!!!

Re: Ralco RZ Short Shifter for a Cavalier install help?
Monday, October 26, 2009 10:51 AM
Hey
to tell you the truth, i had a 98 cavalier 2.2l 5-speed as my first car. my friend told me that if you just cut the regular shift bar down a little and then put the knob back on its the exact same thing. my short shifter was very short and it was pretty awesome, i hate the long one but i am sure if you just take a hack saw like we did and cut the regular one down a few inches you would be just as happy and your wallet as well. just a suggestion, it was pretty easy for us. but if you still wanna use that shifter i suggest going here: http://www.ralcorz.com/
that is their official website, go to the contact button and say why didnt i get instructions with this!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"
Monday, October 26, 2009 11:41 AM
Justin Smith wrote:Hey
to tell you the truth, i had a 98 cavalier 2.2l 5-speed as my first car. my friend told me that if you just cut the regular shift bar down a little and then put the knob back on its the exact same thing.

Well your friend is wrong. If you compare a short throw shifter to a stock shifter you will notice the pivot ball is in a different location on the shaft. That is what shortens the throw, not chopping off the shifter.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Monday, October 26, 2009 2:11 PM
i figured that i was just saying what we did and it made it better IMO. im sure a real short shifter would be better anyways, im just giving him options.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:57 AM
So i guess no one has any ideas or info in this??
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:20 AM
I think your screwed dude. Im 99% sure 2000+ shifters will not fit in 95-99s.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, November 13, 2009 11:45 AM
well this ralco is for a 95-99 cavalier Ralco made 2 kinds of it 1 for pre 2000 and one for post 2000
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search