Falkin RT-615 Reviews - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Falkin RT-615 Reviews
Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:00 PM
Looking at new tires and wondering what people think of them..Also I am looking at running a 235/40/18,Just wondering if Ii will have any issues with that...My rims are 7.5..Thanks for any help..

Re: Falkin RT-615 Reviews
Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:08 PM
I've read a lot of articles about bomb cars that have these tires. My budd has them on his prelude sr-v and he hooks up nice on the strip
Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:13 PM
Thanks...I went out and Bought them..So far Very happy with them..Thanks..Jason
Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:19 PM
Rode in a couple cars with these, driven one.

Love them.

Hey, OG, remember James and I stealing your car? Thanks!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:34 PM
Great for corners and street use, suck for drag racing.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:31 PM
I've read these tires wear out quick on regular street use, any truth to this? I'm stuck between these falken and the bfg kdw's and want the tire that lasts the longest

Friday, March 06, 2009 8:37 AM
Wow..Sorry..I had a brain Fart..lol..I ended up buying the NITTO INVO...What you have to rember that a tire that is stick will wear out fast..The NITTO is a 260 tread wear..I belive the Falkins are the same..As far as the KDW..go..2 guys I know went out and bought them and do not like them at all...They told me they look cool but thats where it stops..A ton of road nosie..But to each there own..
Friday, March 06, 2009 8:55 AM
Falken Azenis RT-615 tires have a tread wear of 200. Mine have about 20,000 on them and will probably make it through one more summer. I only expected maybe 15k out of them and that have far exceeded that so far. Now the RS-A's that came on my car only lasted 30k and have a tread wear of 260, they did however last longer than a set of KDWS tires that had a 400 rating.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 6:31 AM
i believe i read while researching the good year gts that the tread ratings between different companies are not the exact same. So a 400 from Goodyear will not be/mean the same as 400 from Toyo or another company. it is best to compare these numbers of matching brands.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:05 PM
^ That is true however it will be fairly close.

As for the azenis, yes they are a great sticky tire for relatively cheap. They are not all that good in a straight line, though that is to be expected. In an autocross, they tend to become a little greasy as they get warm. A spray bottle of water between runs works wonders keeping them cool.

Joe, how could I forget you stealing my car...@!#$! Though it has happened before...

Go Go OG Traction!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search