VIP style rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VIP style rims
Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:14 PM
Just saw these on eBay. Now, I personally think these would look sweet on a my car if it were bagged. I love the VIP scene, would love to see a VIP Cavalier...

clickity click

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Re: VIP style rims
Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:54 PM
imo they would look great on a bagged 00+ 4dr

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:14 PM
Explain what the "VIP scene" is? And if it means the luxury cars that are modded to look sleek and high end, I think a $5K throw away car is a horrible base to start with lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, January 16, 2009 3:07 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Explain what the "VIP scene" is? And if it means the luxury cars that are modded to look sleek and high end, I think a $5K throw away car is a horrible base to start with lol.

thats exactly what it is. VIP very big in japan. look up junction produce, they make all kinds of VIP items. its a very expensive hobby. VIP is pretty much luxury on luxury where you have oak tables in your car, black curtains, pillows, neck pads, etc...

Friday, January 16, 2009 7:51 AM
keep the vip off a j.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, January 16, 2009 11:18 AM
Haha, its not something I'm planning on, I just think it might be a neat idea. And yeah I know its a luxury scene, but wouldn't it be funny to make a American, non-luxury, 2-door convertible VIP Cav?

Friday, January 16, 2009 1:29 PM
usually this is where builds start having problems is people trying to mix other styles to cars that dont really fit the bill.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, January 16, 2009 1:35 PM
am i the only one who thinks those rims look horrible?

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:42 PM
No sir, I promise you are not alone on that thought!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:45 AM
Cavalier2000 wrote:am i the only one who thinks those rims look horrible?

i agree with you 100%

Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:59 AM
Rims will look Terrible on a J unless if it was a Cimmaron. LMAO I kid I kid.

Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:14 AM
you know, the more I look at them, the more I dislike them...

Monday, January 19, 2009 3:03 AM
id rock those on the lexus if they were 20s

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:48 PM
Cavalier2000 wrote:am i the only one who thinks those rims look horrible?

Nope, they're terrible. On a cavalier, atrocious.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:08 PM
they would look great on a 300c or magnum. Cavy... negatory.

FOR SALE
Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:52 PM
Anndddd this is why the J scene is stuck in the current state it is in.

Can't VIP a Cav? Says who? Those rims were actually what I was looking to step up to this season, 20s, with stretched rubber. OMFG, stretched rubber on a J-body? No @!#$.

Lets see.. those rims, with the body mods I have to my car, swap in a tan interior with some wood grain accents.. yeah, what a horrible idea, since its never been done before and surely those Lexus boys have no idea whats going on..

You can pull off any look you want, if you dedicate yourself to it and put in the time/money to get it done right. Dont get on the JBO band-wagon and get horny for factory lip kits when you wanna do something different.

*dons flame suit*

Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:13 PM
im with you ryan... good call... and do it... ill take your old wheels ...

Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:51 PM
really doesn't matter what you put those rims on...they look horrible

Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:59 PM
kidduntradishunal wrote:Anndddd this is why the J scene is stuck in the current state it is in.

Can't VIP a Cav? Says who? Those rims were actually what I was looking to step up to this season, 20s, with stretched rubber. OMFG, stretched rubber on a J-body? No @!#$.

Lets see.. those rims, with the body mods I have to my car, swap in a tan interior with some wood grain accents.. yeah, what a horrible idea, since its never been done before and surely those Lexus boys have no idea whats going on..

You can pull off any look you want, if you dedicate yourself to it and put in the time/money to get it done right. Dont get on the JBO band-wagon and get horny for factory lip kits when you wanna do something different.

*dons flame suit*

exactly what I was thinking. While they may not be the best looking wheels, doing something similar with bags, a nice plush interior, and show up at the shows and piss off the real JDM V.I.P. guys. this idea beats the crap out of the old typical fart can+altezzas+big-ass bodykit combo

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:07 PM
most people follow the "trend" because they don't have the balls to do anything different.. j owners are huge in this factor....basically on the org...if you don't have yota tails and a lip kit you are a piece of @!#$.. they few that have a pair either do something big and people go "oooooo and ahhhhhh" or do something small and get made fun of

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:24 PM

Looks dope. I'm doing it. haha.

Monday, February 23, 2009 8:46 AM
kidduntradishunal wrote:Anndddd this is why the J scene is stuck in the current state it is in.

*dons flame suit*

you dont VIP a sport compact, it does not look good at all imo. if you want to do it, go head.

Monday, February 23, 2009 9:02 AM
All I know is they would look good with bubb rubb driving it and saying

The whistles go "WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO"

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, February 23, 2009 9:52 AM
When I saw the picture of the rims alone, I thought they looked nasty as hell. Seeing them shopped on your car though, I kinda like it. I say go for it.

I had something really funny to put here but it was too long.
Monday, February 23, 2009 10:05 AM
98z24ragtop wrote:

*dons flame suit*

exactly what I was thinking. While they may not be the best looking wheels, doing something similar with bags, a nice plush interior, and show up at the shows and piss off the real JDM V.I.P. guys. this idea beats the crap out of the old typical fart can+altezzas+big-ass bodykit combo

I think the irony of this is that you just described kidduntradishunal's car.

Good times.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search