Snow in Wheels - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Snow in Wheels
Monday, December 22, 2008 4:47 PM
Just wondering if there is any fix to stop getting snow in my wheels ( packed in the hub), any thing to prevent it. Don't say, don't drive in snow, well it is Michigan for ya. They are just stocker 14" steelies for winter, just sick and tired of having to wash the car to melt the snow out if I want to go over 60mph.

Re: Snow in Wheels
Monday, December 22, 2008 5:32 PM
you could try getting some hub caps that fill in the wheel more. like a solid style hub cap.

Monday, December 22, 2008 5:45 PM
no not really... from my experiences up here in Canada your best move would be to find some 00-02 Sunfire GT rims for winter. With the 3 spoke pattern there's enough room to get an ice scraper or something in between the spokes to scrape the snow out. Thats what do

rims like the ones on my car

Monday, December 22, 2008 9:05 PM
I guess I am just seeing there really isn't a fix for just what the steelies I have right now. Car beats the hell out of me trying to drive it the next day.....I'll live, or just keep washing the thing.

Monday, December 22, 2008 9:54 PM
I've got an 03 with steelies. Just take a wooden dowel or ice scraper whatever and poke the big parts out every time you know your car is going to sit for a while. Takes like 2 minutes tops.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search