Sumitomo Tires? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sumitomo Tires?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:48 PM
Hi,

Has anyone heard of these? Opinions?

I was quoted $540 Cdn installed, balanced incl. taxes. I guess I should post the line of tires, I will find out. Just wondering if this is a reputable company.

I have a 2002 4DR Z24 2.4L..the tires are 205/55R16.

Thanks!

Re: Sumitomo Tires?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:59 PM
I have them on my car now HTRZ II They are a bit noisy on the road, and if you get a curve in the road, they pull you right in, i dn if thats good or bad. As for wear, my car chews through tires like crazy, so im no help there. Any one else wanna chime in on them if they have them.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:14 PM
We used to use Sumitomo HTR's when we put 18's and 19's on new cars in the showroom, we stopped because they suck balls. More often then not they came back with bubbles in the sidewalls from impact brakes. Now granted just about any tire will bubble if you haul ass into a pot hole but these did it often and easily.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:44 PM
Thanks guys!

It seems like a very good price i was quoted, but if they wear out/defect easily, it will probably be a waste..

Does anyone else know anything about this company/tires?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:57 PM
Id just shy away from them. I wont be going with them for my next set. Prob Falkens or something of that nature, as they have a larger line of tires and more options.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:30 AM
they are garbage.
i have them right now on my steelies for winter, good enough for dry roads and rain, but wow, snow is the devil for those.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:03 PM
CorKey wrote:Id just shy away from them. I wont be going with them for my next set. Prob Falkens or something of that nature, as they have a larger line of tires and more options.

Sumitomo manufactures falken tires... they also manufacture Goodyearand dunlop, which all suck IMO.

Where I work, we mainly sell cooper tires, which also happens to be what I have had the best luck with.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:47 PM
well, i was going to go w/ the sumitomos since they had a 130 000km warranty, but the guy called me and said his computer said he had 4 of them, but he really didn't. my car was already there, so he offered to put on yokohama AVID TRZ for $625 (he said reg is $675).

I got him to go down to $600...any thoughts on these tires? I have looked a bit on their website and they seem pretty decent.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:53 PM
These tires seem to work great. My client Max is sponsored by them and hes a semi-pro drifter. http://maxhellstern.com

Monday, December 22, 2008 9:06 PM
Mine supposedly have a 60k Mile warranty on them, but I have about 12,000 on them, and they are showing tons of wear.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:54 AM
i had sumitomo 245/45/18's on an astro that i had, i used to tow a 6k pound car trailer and haul ass all over the midwest in that thing and i i loved those tires, they handled excellent in anything but snow. i personally like them, but cant speak for anyone elses experiences and dont about the difference between a fwd car and a rwd van... just my .02

91 all white drop top. Need parts!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search