Staggered wheel setup Question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Staggered wheel setup Question
Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:11 PM
I like the look of the offset becuase it fills the rear wheel well really nice. Yes I know rear offsets are for RWD cars. But I was wondering if anyone had them done and if so post some pics I am at a loss right now.

Also any tire sites that sell rwd staggered rims in 5/100?

Sorry if this post is kinda of not fully explained or juping around. I am trying to achieve a nice staggered looking setup in my J.

Apprecaite it fella's.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"

Re: Staggered wheel setup Question
Monday, November 10, 2008 3:21 AM
im sorry but your post doesnt make much sense. a staggered setup isnt just using a different offset. a staggered setup is using a wide wheel in the rear. imo our cars cant really fit a big difference in width from front to back that i dont think it would really matter but if you want to, you can. you can do a 7" wide in the front and say a 8 or 8 1/2" wide in the rear.

Monday, November 10, 2008 7:50 AM
Check out all of the major sites. There are no RWD offsets in 5x100, because there are no RWD cars with that bolt pattern. However, I have noticed that a lot of manufacturers offer more than one offset for a given bolt pattern. It usually only differs by 10mm at the most, but that would at least give you a more balanced look. Add a disc brake swap in the rear, which would give you an additional 6-8mm, and you'll probably be happy with the result.

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:21 PM
am I the only one who thinks running staggered wheels (rwd style) on a FWD car is rice as all hell??

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:38 PM
its retarded IMO becuase unless done through spacers of some sort, it leaves you with the unability to rotate tires without unmounting and remounting the tires from the wheels..i looked into doing it with HUB spacers but decided against it..

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:18 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:am I the only one who thinks running staggered wheels (rwd style) on a FWD car is rice as all hell??

i don't think its rice. but its definately retarded.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:29 AM
I think it's all personal preference. Most of the people that do it on fwd cars do it for the look (mainly for show cars), whether it be to fill the wheel wells or to have a deeper lip. Look at those here that have staggered setups. Baggedfire, Big poppa, 1997ztwo4, Phewes... I don't think I could ever consider any of their setups "rice".

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:39 AM
it depends, it can be rice, or nice.....depending on the wheel.

a lot of companies make a staggered look wheel, that has a larger lip in the rear, such as what I want to get:

the R1 drift front:
http://www.wheelfire.com/imagesproducts/R1_DRIFT_HB_2.jpg

rear:

https://www.wheelfire.com/imagesproducts/bg_driokft_bkg_1.jpg

thats slightly exadurated, but you get the idea, they are the same width, but with slightly different offsets, and spoke design they give the impression of haveing a big dish.
But they would only look good on something that is REALLY low IMO.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:06 PM
I think that this is a pretty common question that deserves a good answer. it is the same damn problem that i am stuck with right now, and rice or nice, what is this, tupacs j body site. its the mans personal preference and what is rice about an all american j-body cavalier with a multi offset wheel setup with parts that are made in canada, mexico, and japan but assyembled in the good old USofA. I'll tell you what...nothing. nothing is rice about that. so put that in your tail pipe and smoke it skwirl. ok i feel better. i will post some pics off my curent offset setup done with my custom wheel spacers that i got made just for this situation. and by the way i am the true squirrel.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:33 PM
what needs to be clarified is staggered DOES NOT MEAN DIFFERENT OFFSETS

staggered is LARGER WIDTH REAR RIMS VS FRONT RIMS

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 11:35 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Check out all of the major sites. There are no RWD offsets in 5x100, because there are no RWD cars with that bolt pattern.

Pontiac Fiero

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search