slave cylinder - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
slave cylinder
Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:58 PM
ok guys this is whats going on a week ago i was pulling off the highway and stopped at a light. i then went to push the clutch down and the pedal went straight to the floor and stayed. i had problems with having to pump the pedal to get a decent pedal before this, so i bled the system and checked for leaks at the master cylinder and no leaks anywhere and all lines are good. i came to the conclusion that it was my slave but no external leaks from the tranny.So today me and a cousin pulled the tranny and the slave and tob dont seem to have any kind of fluid from leaking at all. can a slave/tob go bad without leaking? i searched and everyone else seemed to have a leak from the bottom of the tranny, but i had none. any info and help would be appreciated. thanks guys

Re: slave cylinder
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:35 AM
Could have one of the rubber O-rings inside the slave cyl wornout, Also its allowing the air still to get into the slave cyl, Since u have it apart, I would just replace the slave cyl with a new one, See if that helps, They are known to be tricky to get air out of those units.

Good Luck
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:05 PM
ya didnt seem like there was any unusual wear on the throw out bearing or the boot that goes over it. there was a little wear on the fingers on the clutch from the bearing but other than that all is good.im going to go ahead and buy an exedy oem clutch that comes with the slave and tob since i have it pulled already.thanks for the info rich its much appreciated.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:21 PM
Change the slave while since its apart and that is most likely the case, but another possibility if that dosent work is you could have blown a seal in the master. It wouldnt leak at all, but there would be no pressure when the pedal was depressed since all the fluid is just rushing around the plunger inside the master instead of being compressed.
Actually a bad master would make sence if it suddenly went like that.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:02 PM
ya i was thinking the master cylinder to but when i was bleeding the system there was pressure coming from the bleeder, not saying it was enough to disengage the clutch but there was some. im going to just get an exedy clutch with slave and replace everything while its out like you suggested.i would be mad if it was the master cylinder this whole time and i didnt have to pull the tranny,but you just learn from mistakes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search