Quick Question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick Question
Friday, November 17, 2006 1:59 PM
Ok yesterday i was held at gun point and watched my car get stolen well needless to say the dumb @!#$ didnt know how to work air ride when he stole my car and nailed every speed bump and ripped the trans pan off and drove it till the trans stoped work which was like 5 mins. my question is do you think my trans is toast or do you think i can just get another new pan and fill it and it will be good? im lost right now

Re: Quick Question
Friday, November 17, 2006 3:23 PM
I guarantee he toasted the frictions and steels! Let alone, the bolt holes for the pan are stripped. Your best bet is to just get a new transmission, or one from a salvage yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 17, 2006 3:23 PM

Friday, November 17, 2006 3:30 PM
hey bro... Eric (jdm-sedan on AZJBO, 97trd on here) and I are going to the junk yard tomorrow. I'll talk to him to see if we have room. wanna tag along?

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, November 17, 2006 4:52 PM
im not sure yet cuz insurance will cover it all cuz there going after the 2 guys that did it. let me know if you see any 2200 5 speeds though with everything harness, ecm, pedals. that would be sick cuz i would swap a 5 speed in there instead of this manual bull @!#$. thanks guys the org is the best

Friday, November 17, 2006 5:19 PM
I'll let ya know.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search