Transmission mount alternitive - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transmission mount alternitive
Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:24 PM
my rear transmission mount bolt holes are no longer existent. so instead of buying a new transmission what alternitives do i have for fixing this problem? this is on a 96 2.2 manual

Re: Transmission mount alternitive
Friday, November 17, 2006 2:05 AM
pick up a used trans from the junk yard...... if your saying the mount location on the trans case is busted, thats your only option (or check ebay, they have been dirt cheap for new units)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, November 17, 2006 4:24 AM
the thing is i dont want to drop the money into a new trans when mine is still good. all i need is a way to maybe swap cases with a busted trans or fix the mount location somehow. and the local junkyard is trying to rip me off for a trans or even just the case so i dont know what i have left for options.

Friday, November 17, 2006 4:11 PM
go get it welded and hope it holds..

Friday, November 17, 2006 9:21 PM
-=Shadow=- wrote:the thing is i dont want to drop the money into a new trans when mine is still good. all i need is a way to maybe swap cases with a busted trans or fix the mount location somehow. and the local junkyard is trying to rip me off for a trans or even just the case so i dont know what i have left for options.

Again as stated you need another tranny. I do have a 97 2.2 5 speed tranny that needs rebuilt.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:17 PM
Hey Shadow I have a 2.2 5 speed trans .. It has some bad parts in it .. If you would like I could take it apart and just sale you just the case/parts that you need .. the cost of shipping should not be to bad on just the case .... Pm/email me and we can talk .. later

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search