My TG and Specinstall (56k warning) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My TG and Specinstall (56k warning)
Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:15 AM
Well I only have about 90 miles left to put on the car before I can play. I finally got my pictures downloaded, so here is some pictures.

FU Tuning

Re: My TG and Specinstall (56k warning)
Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:28 AM

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:26 AM
nice post! good to see people taking the time to do stuff like this! i'll have to get carnage pics from when a getrag blows up on here

Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:42 PM
Good stuff. I don't know what a lot of it is. But I still like the pics.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:13 PM
I should of also added the Spec stage 2 and Fidanza flywheel weighed 22lbs, and the stock weighted 29.1. nice weight savings of 7lbs. I had pictures of my broke shifter fork and messed up second gear, but they got lost. If you have any questions please ask. We did this job (2 of us), never had been on the inside of a FWD tranny (and in my case no tranny's) at all. We had no manual to go by. We started Friday evening dropping the tranny, and got the car running Sunday night about 9pm. Now that we have done it it is not hard at all. Also big thanks to SpeedRacer for his help as well. We actaully had 2 tranny's aprt so we could fix mine.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:57 PM
Glad to see you got it up and running in all gears. I figured you must have fixed it, by the other post.

I've done a couple of T5s, an older Saginaw 3 speed and a TH350, but never a FWD transmission (pulled mine, myself a few times). I saw allot of the work on my transmission and now have a manual, so any more internal work, I'll do myself.

Monday, November 13, 2006 2:31 AM
MadJack wrote:I saw allot of the work on my transmission and now have a manual, so any more internal work, I'll do myself.

A repair manual that is, not a manual transmission!

Monday, November 13, 2006 7:34 AM
MadJack wrote:
MadJack wrote:I saw allot of the work on my transmission and now have a manual, so any more internal work, I'll do myself.

A repair manual that is, not a manual transmission!

Yes must be nice. I tried to find one but could not. No worry's I know this tranny now.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 13, 2006 4:10 PM
Nice pics! There is a surprising lack of pics of getrag insides, so this is definitely nice to see.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:28 AM

Nice pics John, hope you enjoy all your new goodies.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:56 PM
Where the hell are you?

get you black Z running yet man, i wish i could have seen it when i was down there.

Nice job man

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:19 PM
Taetsch Z24 wrote:Where the hell are you?

get you black Z running yet man, i wish i could have seen it when i was down there.

Nice job man

Chris

What od you mean where am I?? Do you mean in the pictures? If so at Roberts, which is where we work on cars at and is where the Reaper currently rest. It is not back on the road yet, but really hoping to start on it really soon. Things have gotten better for me so I can have money to spend to fix it (once we find out for sure what is wrong).

Also a update on my installed parts. Clutch is broke in and I have played a few times. I can tell the flywheel just because when the shift light comes on at 6200RPM I'm having to shift faster to not hit the rev limiter. I have not really launched the car to see how the LSD is, and it has not affected my everyday driving. I plan to hit the track next week, so hopefully some updated times. SpeedRacer I'm coming for your times.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:24 PM
I'd hope you'd be able to beat a Boost ready motor running N/A Now I only had some DR's on rims to fit over these F-body brakes........

Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:38 AM
Brian and i should take a run down there in one of our "free" weekends.
lol

good to hear John, keep up the awsome work man

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:42 AM
Taetsch Z24 wrote:Brian and i should take a run down there in one of our "free" weekends.
lol

good to hear John, keep up the awsome work man

Chris

Yes you guys should. Would , love to have you guys down.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:41 AM
lets see...... its warm, tracks are open year round, girls are always 1/2 naked........ sounds like fun to me

Saturday, November 18, 2006 12:27 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:lets see...... its warm, tracks are open year round, girls are always 1/2 naked........ sounds like fun to me

Well track are not really open year round, but close. Will be a couple test and tunes left then they close for about a month. I guess it would be warmer than you are use to, but still cool enough for the cars to run great!!! Come on down!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:08 PM
I think I've seen the somewhere before ..... LOL

Thats right it was done here ... LOL

this is a pic of 2nd gear and shift fork

another pic of the fork and gear

all three shafts out and on the bench

all installed about to seal up and reinstall trans back in car

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:45 PM
I'm glad you had those pictures because I lost mine.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 20, 2006 5:26 AM
good looking pics both john and robert

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:08 PM
feb maby? i can get to sough Ga in 12 hours, so maby we could do a 4 day weekend out of it, or 6...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:02 AM
Taetsch Z24 wrote:feb maby? i can get to sough Ga in 12 hours, so maby we could do a 4 day weekend out of it, or 6...

Chris

Let me know. The local track should have some Saturday test and tunes around then. Schedule is not out yet. I have 2 sets of drag radials.

On a different note went to the track last night. No record times, but can see the LSD working. Awesome burnouts. I think I will be able to launch at 4k now. Went as high as 3600RPMS. I did beat up on a Supercharged Z24 with exhaust mounts and alky injection. N/A BABY!!!!

FU Tuning

Friday, November 24, 2006 7:51 AM
Nice!

Wanna install another?

Saturday, January 13, 2007 1:49 PM
Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on doing mine shortly so these will come in handy

any tips?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:51 AM
Jucie n' Boost (jucie pushrods wrote:Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on doing mine shortly so these will come in handy

any tips?

Yes in this picture
that is a gasket that needs removed. Buy that gasket up front. SpeedRacer posted a part number in another post. You have to remove that gasket and it is hard without messing it up. We did it, but better off getting that gasket. Also there is a ring on the diff (I think it is for the speed reading) tap it off then insert the LSD and then put it back on.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search