2001 cav clutch/tranny problem? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 cav clutch/tranny problem?
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:57 PM
i have a 2001 cav with a 2200 in it .. i was driving one day, pulled to a stop sign pulled out, got on it chirped 2nd, popped, shifting to 3rd.. then went to shift to 4th and it wouldnt engage... it never slipped at all

i drifted to a stop..
shut the car off... started it back up in first went to take off and it moved like 2 inches then quit .... now the car can sit there in first without the clutch in

is the clutch shot? or what else could it be? any helpp

Re: 2001 cav clutch/tranny problem?
Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:05 AM
Sounds like clutch to me. Can you still shift through the gears ok? With the car off, you should be able to go through the gears w/out using the clutch.

Hopefully, you just broke a shift cable, causing it to look like you are in first when you are actually in neutral. Maybe the two inches was just rolling?
Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:17 PM
yea i can go in every gear and reverse... tried to move in reversse... it might have moved a tiny bit with help from my friend pushing then quit so i tried first again.. no luck.. so i ordered a spec stage 1..
Sunday, August 06, 2006 7:30 PM
i have the same problem with my 2002 cavalier did u find a solution i dont know what to do
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:04 AM
SAME THING happened to me today lol its on its way to the shop mine is the clutch i think because it has 224kms on the factory one ....and i did the same thing i got on it and went to go to 2nd to chirp the tire and lol wont go but what can ya do
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:09 PM
yea it was deffinatly the clutch... when i pulled it out there was no clutch disk at all on the pressure plate side.. and to top it off when i pulled out the tranny(and that is the heaviest frickin fwd manual tranny ive ever felt) it was like 7 quarts low on tranny fluid...

installed the spec stage 1 and i guess its ok.. feels like stock.. nothin special at all (btw if u buy this clutch be prepared to do some sanding cuz of the thick ass powedcoating)

i started pputin it in the 14th and was finished the next day.. about 6 hours all together

ive babied about 100 miles on it so far..i just hope it lasts
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search