W body axles - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
W body axles
Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:22 PM
Are there any 5 speed trannys that will bolt up to a 2.4 that will accept a W body axle. dont forget i need a tranny that u can easily get ur hands on. I know they made a 5 speed W body but u cant find tyhe trannys anywhere

Re: W body axles
Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:08 PM
why do you need to change axles?

14.82 @ 97 mph
Saturday, July 29, 2006 1:42 AM
Well you could get custom. You would be stuck with the smaller output shafts but still have a thicker axle. Never seen anyone break an axle. Would hate to know what you are planning!!

--------------

Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:32 PM
not sure why you want w body axles..but while your talking about trannys you might wanna read the post i made in the "whats so great" thread about trannys for your 95..IF thats what your looking for..other than that try looking at the 90-91 olds cutlass supreme...it came with a quad4 (like yours) and is a w body...so it should have whatever it is your looking for lol

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:16 AM
well its not going to be a quad 4 id ont really want to say what i'm doing but i will be using a quad 4 bolt pattern
Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:21 AM
well, im just saying..since it was a wbody and it had a quad all you would need is the manual tranny and youve got the axles you need

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search