Torque Converter - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Torque Converter
Friday, July 21, 2006 10:00 PM
What does anyone think of this TC?
4T40E Race Converter

GIT 'ER DONE!

Re: Torque Converter
Friday, July 21, 2006 10:01 PM
TC
Try this one. It is for the 4T40E transmission.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Friday, July 21, 2006 11:50 PM
People who put incorrect pics on their site make me mad.

If it is furance brazed you are probably ok, but ask and see what you are getting so you know how good of a deal it is. Ask if they have any pictures and what kind of clutch material they used. If the price was any lower I would be suspcious. Sounds ok. Can't really tell you anything about them. Never cut one open.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:09 AM
I believe someone from Rezlo posted on here before. They had a little confusion about stall speeds and David I believe you asked them some questions, that never got answered. I'll look it up, when I get more time. Got to go to work and have a meet tonight, probably tomorrow night before I'll be able to look it up.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:04 PM
Thanks mad jack, that would be very appreciated. Since I want to get a better torque converter than the stock one.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Monday, July 24, 2006 4:46 PM
Sorry it took a few days, I've been busy.

Anyways, Here's the post I was talking about: High Stall Torque Converters, by Rezlo R.

There's a link in there tio the Rezlo site, saying the same as in the link you gave above, but they dont give the rated stall speed of the TCs. In the other post you'll note they say the stall speed is 2400rpm, which is just above the stall speed used in most (but not all) J Bodies of 2375 and some are 2560rpm stall. That dosn't sound like an increase of 1000 rpm! You would need one #&|| of a high reving motor to need a TC with 3375 or 3560 rpm stall and alot more gear to match the needs of the motor. Now that is starting to get a little bit high of a stall speed for the street.

According to the other post, they sound like they should be a decent TC, but still nothing close to the quality of the Yank. I also question there stall speed rating, as they're advertising a stock stall speed.

Hey David, how about the slag by this guys thumb?

This picture came right off the Rezlo web site!

Monday, July 24, 2006 5:04 PM
MadJack wrote:Sorry it took a few days, I've been busy.

Anyways, Here's the post I was talking about: High Stall Torque Converters, by Rezlo R.

There's a link in there tio the Rezlo site, saying the same as in the link you gave above, but they dont give the rated stall speed of the TCs. In the other post you'll note they say the stall speed is 2400rpm, which is just above the stall speed used in most (but not all) J Bodies of 2375 and some are 2560rpm stall. That dosn't sound like an increase of 1000 rpm! You would need one #&|| of a high reving motor to need a TC with 3375 or 3560 rpm stall and alot more gear to match the needs of the motor. Now that is starting to get a little bit high of a stall speed for the street.

According to the other post, they sound like they should be a decent TC, but still nothing close to the quality of the Yank. I also question there stall speed rating, as they're advertising a stock stall speed.

Hey David, how about the slag by this guys thumb?

This picture came right off the Rezlo web site!

I would stay away from the Rezlo converters, havent hard too much about them, but just for the fact that they dont state an approx. stall on the site (they "say" 2500rpm above stock stall for the race converter and 1000 for the street converter but imo sounds shady to me) I would also stay away because they are not lockup converters, they state right on there that there is no lockup in the converters, imo bad for anything drivin on the street especially in town unless your always manually geared down and above the stall speed so its not always slipping. (slippage creates heat, and lots of it)

I had my stock converter re-worked by a local company here (used to make converters for a major company in the states some time ago) and they were pretty impressed on the quality/strength on the factory units. Had it fully rebuilt along with a bunch of other stuff, stalls at just over 3200rpm now and has made launches in the auto FUN!

Monday, July 24, 2006 6:52 PM
Note that the "race" converter says it has no lock-up clutch, they don't say that for the street converter.

The slag I mentioned in picture by the thumb, would cause the fluid to cavitate and cause a vibration and loss of converter efficiancy. Also note there are no extensions on the fins, not that extensions are the best way to close-up the pump clearance and those are stock fins in there. That's not going to help the converter efficiancy either.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:13 AM
That probably don't state a RPM because they either haven't tested them or done enough of them to get them consistent each time. You have to do a lot of one product to become good at it.

I wish they would show their products though. That turbine is a Chrysler. Yes, slight furnace brazing problem which leads to eff problems, higher op temps, and more balance problems.

I have yet to see one 245mm GM pic on their site.

By the way I actually heard that Dave@Reno was messing around with some kind of turbo piping for a FWD kit but I don't know if it will go to market or not.

--------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search