auto not downshifting = no power - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
auto not downshifting = no power
Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:34 PM
well once again a problem with my car. the car now wont downshift on hard acceleration. ill be going down the road and i floor it and it doesnt downshift it just creeps along like im not even on it, the fluid has been changed like 2,000 miles ago and i have a trans cooler installed on the car. this happens from a stop and moving, i unplugged the ecu and same thing happens and there is no codes being thrown. time for 5 speed swap? , seriously though what the hell could be going wrong because i havent fooled with anything except the alky injection install a week ago.

Re: auto not downshifting = no power
Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:35 PM
also when going from park to reverse the car jerks into the gear even with the brake held in all the way.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:11 PM
you using a B&M? any other mods done to the trans besides the cooler? does it shift normal under normal conditions?

Friday, July 21, 2006 1:36 AM
no other mods, and it seems to shift fine normally but once it gets into 3rd gear it bogs and has no go, tonight i was goin up a hill and i barely made it up because it wouldnt go faster than 40ish with no downshifting. i probally burnt up the tc selinoid or something who knows.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:08 AM
also when i go from park to reverse or drive it clunks into gear.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:58 AM
When you go to WOT does the PCM go into PE mode? (A/F will jump over to the rich side). Since you have no kickdown cable the PCM will rely on the input from the TPS. And if it's not seeing WOT, then it wont downshift.

The hard shift from P to D sounds like the classic problem when people dont install the IAT sensor when they install an intake. So, i'm looking at possibly a bad IAT sensor as well.

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:30 PM
How's your TPS sensor after the alky injection? I've heard of quite a few people having problems following that install...

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:32 PM
checking that this week john, hopefully its just that cause i have a spare.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search