performance parts for 4t40e - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
performance parts for 4t40e
Monday, July 10, 2006 4:50 PM
While on my search for looking for performance parts for the 4t45e I found this. They have performance parts for the 4t40e and 4t45e.

IPT transmissions

Re: performance parts for 4t40e
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:18 AM
nice find...i may need to look into some of this stuff for my 4t40e

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:35 AM
NIce stuff, but Id have no clue on where that stuff goes into my tranny lol.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:54 PM
Its not so bad, if you look at a saginaw 3 speed tranny, and then a Ford AOD tranny, you can understand what there talking about a little better. Where the major where areas are, and what needs to be made stronger, or more beefy.

Those componets their talking about, will strengthen the weakness areas, that are tranny's have and will make it last a lot longer too.

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:41 PM
the guy that recomended them to me said he sent them a core, and paid 3000 for the overhaul, 3000rpm stall torque converter, and LSD. Now this is for a 4t45e I don't know if it will vary with a 4t45e

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:04 PM
Hey awsome find and great time my car gets shipped off tuesday for the final turbo setup and my tranny is being yanked out and cryo treated, re-geared and LSD'd. I cant thank you enough for posting this find will make my part hunt and my builders just that much easier.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:48 PM
Quote:

While on my search for looking for performance parts for the 4t45e I found this. They have performance parts for the 4t40e and 4t45e.

IPT transmissions

page bookmarked

tks

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:28 PM
your welcome guys I gotta help out my fellow chevrolet owners. I'm gonna have these guys do my transmission so I can run 334whp on my stock 2.4L Ecotec in my cobalt.

Monday, October 16, 2006 11:32 AM
called them and if they dont call me back with parts and price list ill call again and agian muhaha

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, October 16, 2006 1:33 PM
i called too... we need to find a source that can build our tranny's so we can get some more people confident enough to keep their auto's manual swap should be optional, not nessacary for running a lot of power

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:46 AM
ok got the call back this morning and heres what we have from them

overhaul kit : which includes much better clutches, seals, gaskets, etc. $569 this is all the stuff theyd use in there bulletproof reman.

they can rework the converter for higher stall (your choice of stall speed), strength, and use a carbon fiber clutch. $495

they can rework the valve body for faster harder shifts and better longevity and workablilty. and you can still change the ECU settings on top of this. $495

or you can ship them a tranny and they will bullet proof it including valvebody work. $2875 (does not include shipping it to and from or torque converter.

they seemed like pretty decent people to deal with. called back pretty quickly to. and there prices arent bad at all. a reman. OEM tranny can run around $2000.

anyone have any further questions 1-866-828-7267

The one, the only, ME.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:12 AM
^^^^^^ intersting info yet again but the prices i am not to sure of. now i do already have a TC for my 4t40e but those are some high prices but unless anyone else can find better deals for performance parts for the auto tranny i will deal with it i guess

but thanks for calling and verifing guys

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:25 AM
Prices are probably regional.
Eastcoast prices tend to be higher with anything.

Same place in another part of the country might charge less.

Still its work considering.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:26 AM
i think the thing is is that everything they'd be doing is "by order" they dont have ony of this stuff already done and ready to go. just my idea.

and i forgot to mention that they said they MAY have a few converters and valve bodies laying around. so they may do a core charge on those just to reduce down time.

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:32 AM
i got my call back today too... they told me that when you send it to them (you pay for to and from shipping) they are able to machine and work on a lot more things then just sending you stuff that bolts in.... they do things that help lubrication and oiling, and they also cryo treat every peice that has a spline (something like that), along with a bunch of other stuff that sounds important..... I was quoted the same prices... the overhual kit includes an upgraded pump, which i have heard is a weak point in our tranmissions, and they also said they dont have and cant get a lsd differential, but would install one if you provide it...

im pretty sure i will be doing this, with the t/c and the team green lsd.... big waste of money, lol, but they seem to know what they are doing and they seem to be good people...

they told me 7-10 day turn around time not including shipping, and the transmission would hold upto 600hp, which is more then i have ever seen here on the org, so i think it will hold up to my low 11 second pass im working towards lol

p.s. the guy i talked to was named john.

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:49 AM
indeed cryo treating the diff and splined shafts would be great now if only had a spare tranny and the funds RIGHT now instead of in a year or so haha

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:19 PM
i wish i had another tranny the biggest problem is the down time . . .

decisions decisions...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:57 PM
cryo treating will only prolong the enevitible. i've seen it too many times where people think they are doing good when really they are just band-aiding things. the overhaul kit seems to be a good deal if it is what they say it is. the valve body is alittle pricey and so is the "reworked" stock converter.

I can get my parts and transmission work done much better and much cheaper locally than sending it to them (mind you i do much of my own work such as the pumps and valvebodies myself) I have a 4t40e thats been mildly built locally right now and so far its held up, its comming out this winter for a "looksee" and a few more mods.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:49 PM
Not sure if you guys are aware, but you can get aluminum accumulator pistons from Superior.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:40 PM
black S. Dime wrote:Not sure if you guys are aware, but you can get aluminum accumulator pistons from Superior.

im not even sure what that is... lol, i just told them how much for everything you can do, and they said 28XX I can find out if thats included or not... whats there purpose?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:46 PM
the accumulater piston is in the valve body if i remember right along with many other little pistons and controls how hard the tranny shifts

The one, the only, ME.

Friday, October 27, 2006 7:12 AM
Yank converter, Team Green LSD, a turbo tech trans mount, and an overhaul kit... Man i need to start saving some money.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, October 27, 2006 5:56 PM
black S. Dime wrote:Not sure if you guys are aware, but you can get aluminum accumulator pistons from Superior.

prettymuch all of the accumulator valves these days are aluminum...

Start New Topic Advanced Search