B&M ShiftPlus enigma - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M ShiftPlus enigma
Monday, July 10, 2006 1:02 PM
Okay, just to clarify, I called B&M's super secret squirrel tech help line, and they said that none of their shift plusses work on a 2002 2.2L Cavy. So the clarification that I need is that this part WILL work exactly the way it's supposed to... Because it's somewhat confusing that B&M would say it won't work, and yet everyone here seems to have one, and there are endless websites which sell them specifically for the vehicle... Now one other thing--for those of you that have this item, what part number did you end up getting? Because there are only two in the B&M catalog...

--Rob

Re: B&M ShiftPlus enigma
Monday, July 10, 2006 6:53 PM
When you asked about the 2002 2.2, did you say DOHC, or OHV??? Which do you have?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:07 PM
Well they really would not know from the information given. You will have to let them know which transmission you have. Since I have one that is installed and works great. They were originally made for the Trail Blazer I think, may be wrong, but it was an SUV. The thing is, that the SUV in question has the same model transmission as in some Cavs. Now keep in mind that the B&M shift plus will only work on the 4 speed automatic transmissions. Shaun with Show Stopper Tuning offered a group sale on this a little while back, and that is where I got mine from.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:13 PM
The 4-speed transmission in the J-body cars is a 4T40E... it is NOT supported by B&M for the Shiftplus... those that are using one, are using the model for the 4T60E.

It works.... for most it works well... for a few, it doesn't work so well.... if you search the forums you'll find many testimonials for both sides.

The Autotrans "Interceptor" was the only product that was designed for the 4T40E, but they are no longer in business.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:36 AM
I have the 2200, which has the 4 speed auto. Yeah, B&M said that their shiftplus only is made for rear-wheel drive vehicles.
Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:09 AM
Follow the step by step guide, it is a sticky, and you really should not have any problems putting it on to your transmission. It will work. I have the 2.2 ECOTEC and it works fine for my car, and I have front wheel drive. Go to www.showstoppertuning.com, you will find them there.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:06 PM
It was the one for the 4T60E, right? I'm pretty sure that the other one is for ford anyways... Thanks guys!
Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:11 PM
i had one in my last cavalier when i had it on it shifted so hard that the belt scretched

i thought it just shifted to hard
Monday, July 17, 2006 10:03 PM
sinrocker wrote:i had one in my last cavalier when i had it on it shifted so hard that the belt scretched

i thought it just shifted to hard

buh? the belt stretched ? i dont know of any belts in an automatic transmission, bands yes.. and they wont "stretch", especially not from high line pressure.

yes they shift really hard! i dont reccomend driving around with it turned on, if you do like the firm shifts then leave it on the lowest setting. I myself have been using one for a year untill now (HP turners!) and the transmission hasnt missed a beat with it set to 2 all the time. then again i look after the trans...

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:03 AM
How about "screetched"? Made a screeching sound? When you really crank the line pressure, that does happen.... people think it's the tires, but there's no way the tires are going to tear loose at half-throttle on an automatic

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:12 PM
John Lenko wrote:How about "screetched"? Made a screeching sound? When you really crank the line pressure, that does happen.... people think it's the tires, but there's no way the tires are going to tear loose at half-throttle on an automatic

I guess if your using original @!#$ fluid possibly, but thats how these transmissions die anyways, no one spends the cash on the basics for a performance auto (trans temp, trans oil cooler, a GOOD fluid (i use moble 1 fully synth ATF, have also used Quaker State Type F) and never had anything "screetch" in the trans.. esp at part throttle lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search