B&M short-throw - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M short-throw
Friday, April 28, 2006 5:53 PM
I'm planning to get a B&M short throw shifter for my '03 Sunfire, and just wondering if anyone knows of any problems that may arise as a result of this.
My buddy tells me it will cause my clutch to wear much faster but I don't see any logic to this. It would make sense that, if anything, it would make my clutch wear less.
Comments?

Re: B&M short-throw
Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:35 AM
the shifter has nothing to do with how fast the clutch wears out. that is all about how well you drive. i just bought and installed the B&M in my 02 cav and i love it. it was real simple to do although some of the clips were a bitch. it is well worth the money though. the only thing i have run into though is that it is sometimes REALLY hard to get it back into first, but thats it

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY
Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:34 AM
The only issue that may arise is the rubber O ring that goes on the ball joint tends to pop loose, you you have to reseat it every now and then or buy a fatter O ring.

Otherwise the only other issue with 03+ cars is getting the stock knob off you you can ge the shifter out of the mounting bracket, and the metal B&M shift knob being hot as hell in the summer.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:58 PM
Thanks
Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:36 PM
Just a FYI we have the B&M @ www.TurboTechRacing.com at a very good price

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search