New tranny going in...some questions? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New tranny going in...some questions?
Monday, April 24, 2006 12:14 PM
Ok I just got a tranny for my 2001 2.2L cavalier, 5spd. Now Im going to run GM SynchroMesh in it. This is the third transmission I have put in this B!A$% and im quite tired of replacing. This time I went with the syncromesh. My continual problem is that 2nd gear synchro keeps going out on the first one. Then 3rd dropped about 3 months later. The previous time I put in a used tranny, 2nd gear snap ring broke about a month after I put it in. I drove it anyway for about a year and half. Didnt feel like changing it outm then the whole tranny dropped on me. No gears nothing. So bought a new tranny, whats the best way to prevent this from happening again? Anyone know who makes the best Transmission mounts, motor mounts?

K Jacobs

Re: New tranny going in...some questions?
Monday, April 24, 2006 4:38 PM
What kind of fluid were you running in the previous tranny's? Not synchromesh?
Re: New tranny going in...some questions?
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:29 AM
Tranny mount wise unless you have a ton of Money to buy the full mount from RSM all your going to get is a polyurethane insert...

The motor mounts can be found at CarCustoms.net, or aplusperformance.com, turbotechracing.com...

Fluid wise you should run either Sycromesh which I know can be expensive, but you could also run Saturn Synthetic Tranny Fluid....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search