clutch disk blew up - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch disk blew up
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:26 PM
so i drive like an ass... pushing my slow car to its limits slamming into gears and what not.. after a while it was sometimes hard to get into 1st and 2nd... this goes on for almost a year i'd say.. well the other day, i was driving like an ass.. come to a stop, pull out n take off chirp second then shift 3rd take it to like 65 go to shift to 4th and it wont go just revs like you have the clutch held.... CLUTCH DISK IS SHOT!

i want to replace it with some aftermarket stage 1 they are all just tooo damn expensive or im too damn broke
anyone know where i can find somethin cheap? i tried cheapest i found was around $300 so i was thinkin of just going OEM but i cant find one under $250 WTF??? thats rediculous

Re: clutch disk blew up
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:43 PM
Best clutch for the money right now is SPEC, I would recommend at least a stage 2. Plus unlike OEM it will hold more, and it includes a slave cylinder and a throw out bearings.

10% off SPEC clutches at www.TurboTechRacing.com right now, prices are marked sale price.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Re: clutch disk blew up
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:44 PM
honestly, for the way you drive, you should go with a stage 2 or 3 clutch. I live in pittsburgh, and have no issues with a stage 3 spec clutch, so driveability isn't an issue, and you can really beat on the spec clutches without it giving up on you. the only thing my spec clutch didn't like was about 5 or 6 back to back dragstrip passes. and i mean, stage, launch race, return, stage, launch, race....repeat for 6 runs with no breaks. but thats not good for any clutch

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search