trany or axles? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trany or axles?
Monday, March 20, 2006 5:55 PM
hey,i have pretty big delema,when i take a turn say at about 25kms i lose any grab from my tranny,i check to see if my fluid was full,it was nice and reddy/pink nothings burnt and it was topped i cant seem to find why i loose my trans when i take a turn another thing is i cant seem to find any after market performance parts for the car or the 2.0L

Re: trany or axles?
Monday, March 20, 2006 7:03 PM
omg, i have this same problem, full tranny fluid as well. Have you had any service on your axles lately? The kid that had the car b4 me put a new axle in, I am almost positive taht the axle is pushed out a little from the trans....if you figure it out, let us all know. I'm just too lazy to pop off the ball joint to look at my axle. But you do know taht if it is the axle, and it is infact pulling out of the tranny far enough to cause this around a corner, it could be eating away at the splines both IN the tranny and ON the axle..lol....so yea, I probably should check this out as well, but, keep us posted. Adios
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:32 PM
i dont know if any work has been done to the axlessince i'v owned it for 2 years no,but before i couldnt tell you,yes i'm aware if it is the problem it is eating both the axles and trans threads
Friday, March 24, 2006 1:04 AM
Had the same problem in my old cavalier... my father thought it was the differential, but i said screw it and sold the car.

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:06 AM
Does it make any noise? I ran into a similar problem at one point, turns out my spider gears had disintegrated.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:55 PM
Makes no noise, I think it has to do with somehow there is a fluid loss at some point and air is getting in there, mine is only on left hand corners.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:26 PM
mines also on the left,no noise at all,it just has no pedal in the left corners over 25kms
Friday, March 31, 2006 11:37 PM
anybody have an idea what the h$ll is wrong with these things?
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:02 PM
i guess no one has a clue.
Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:23 PM
this='s retardedness, me n u have the EXACT same problem, I am almost 100 percent sure, everything you said, is exactly what my car does. So I am sure that other j-body members have had this happen to them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search