tranny question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny question
Friday, March 24, 2006 10:32 AM
well i was driving last night and when i shifted to 4th gear it just popped out and did not want to go in gear. thankfully i was pretty close to where i was going and slowly pulled in the driveway. now it feels as tho everything is moved around. like it will go into first gear but its not where it should be. its very hard to explain. it won't go into 4th gear. doesnt really grind just doesnt go. its almost like the shifter is moved over to the right or something. i had 2 ppl tell me it could b the synchronizers(sp?). what do you guys think. when i searched tranny i saw somebody else had a synchro problem. there is a junk yard locally that has weekly sales and next week they have trannys for 65 bucks all i have to do is the work so i'll probly do it anyway. just wanted some opinions. if anybody lives in or around NEPA you should check out www.wegotused.com. sometime this month they are going to be selling any engine for like 75 dollars. pretty good deal. anyway...thanx

Re: tranny question
Friday, March 24, 2006 12:03 PM
Shifer cables may have popped off of the transmission. Check there first.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:46 AM
i keep hearing that. i hope thats that is what it is. thanx for the input!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:01 PM
ok. so i checked out my my car today and as i was lookin under the hood i noticed that there is a bracket of some sort that connects the shift cable to the tranny i guess. not really sure. but anyway, the bracket was snapped in half. it was kind of a pain but we got both pieces out and just need to replace it. just wanted to let ya know. thanx for the reply tho.

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:33 AM
No problem... good luck with the repair.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search