tranny trouble - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny trouble
Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:08 PM
hey guys..just hoping someone will read this and recognize the problem perhaps theyve had it before so here goes...
93 5speed getrag in my 95 Z ...if im sitting still it wont go into 1st gear most of the time and is hard to get into 2nd BUT if i let off the clutch and let the car roll just a hair as i TRY to put it into gear itll pop in....only other way to get it into 1st is to throw the shifter from left to right then down to 2nd then up hard to 1st, 3rd-5th shift like silk,and theres never any grinding in ANY gear.......other than that , the higher i rev in 1st the harder it is to get into 2nd,so no quick shifting to 2nd its like i throw it down to 2nd and it just wont go in,but if im careful itll "pop" in just as i let off the clutch..which i know is dangerous......anyone heard of something like this before?? i have a chance coming up to take my tranny out and work on it..im limited on time and id like an idea of what ill need before i take it apart..i hate ORDERING parts......so..any clues???

Re: tranny trouble
Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:23 PM
could be low clutch fluid... could be your shift cables... check those first. mine did that, and I had to replace the shift cables and it was fine. Low clutch fluid will do the same pretty much.

If none of those are it... someone else has to have an answer Good luck!!!

Re: tranny trouble
Friday, March 24, 2006 4:05 PM
clutch fluid is good...shifter cables are BRAND new..same problem before i switched them though..no differnce with the new ones so i know thats not it...i really wish i knwo which direction to even look to fix it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search