quick question on flywheel - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question on flywheel
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:42 PM
Ok well im getting my stage 3 spec clutch put in soon in about 3 weeks give or take. im not sure if i want to get a lighter flywheel like the fidenza or spec. but ive been told so so many different storys and its just confusing. With the lighter flywheel will my 1/4 mile time be a slight quicker or slower?????? i plan on putting nitrous this summer if that helps answer your question, but all in all just motor with the spec 3 and flywheel, will i go slower or faster, some people say they love it and some say they want to go back to stock.......

please if someone can answer back and help me as much as possible that would be very much appreciated and would be awesome, thanks

Re: quick question on flywheel
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:18 AM
ive heard it can slow you down a hair, but if you learn to launch right it can improve your times. I have the RK sport flywheel and I don't mind it one bit for daily driving, but havent been to a track yet to see how it performs, but it "feels" faster on the butt dyno

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:02 AM
Launching is definitely different than on stock, but it doesn't take long to figure out. I have no problems with daily driving, but when I get on it, like mike said, the butt dyno definitely feels different. I wouldn't trade it for the stocker ever, I suggest finding someone in your area, and asking if you can go for a ride.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:55 PM
I wouldn't be worried about any harmonic issues.
Does anyone think it degrades drivability in the parking lot or other interial issues?
If it spins down too fast you could always change your airflow decay.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search