ShiftPlus & Interceptor. Eliminate stalling TCCs? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ShiftPlus & Interceptor. Eliminate stalling TCCs?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:45 PM
Will installing either device help eliminate the stalling sometimes experienced with Cavy & Pontiac transmissions?

Re: ShiftPlus & Interceptor. Eliminate stalling TC
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:38 PM
yes, if you mean that lag between shifts

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Re: ShiftPlus & Interceptor. Eliminate stalling TCCs?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:52 PM
Well what I meant was the whole running on the highway thing, coming off an exit to a stop light/sign and having the car shudder and shake then stall. Will the shift improvers eliminate this condition because its forcing the TC to lockup/disengage?
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:06 AM
I know what you mean and, I don't think thats going to solve your troubles. try looking for your problem with a search in the Maintenance forum. I cant thing of what thats a symptom of right now.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:44 AM
Your engine is actually stalling out?

No, the shift hacks won't fix that.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:53 AM
Yeah. I've been reading up a bit more and its exhibiting the behavior of a faulty TC solenoid. If I'm coming to a stop and it starts shuddering, I throw it in neutral and and its fine. Sometimes if I go to put it in drive after I've been stopped, it will stall. I'd have to rev it up pretty high and throw it into drive.

Thanks for your input however. Basically you all answered my question.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:47 PM
it will get worse to the point where it does it every time you stop. the tcc solenoid is activated by certain situations. the interceptors just change line pressure i dont think they modify the tcc behavior

14.82 @ 97 mph
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:25 PM
Did you get a check engine light before all this started happening?? I have been getting a check engine light (off and on) for the last 3000 miles. The check engine light is p1887.

I have had no problems w/ the car stalling, however sometimes it seems like it is running rough and wants to stall. Im just trying to make sure that this problem is infact a tcc solenoid.

Also, anyone know where to purchase the tcc solenoid?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search