Spec FLywheel - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spec FLywheel
Monday, March 06, 2006 2:56 PM
i have a spec 3 clucth, i have not yet put it in cause im tryen to decide if im goin to get a flywheel or not. Am i better off with the stock flywheel or will it be better if i get the spec flywheel? I have heard that you can lose power if you get a lighter flywheel so i wasnt sure if thats true because i obviouslky dont have one

Re: Spec FLywheel
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:33 AM
lightweight flywheel can spin up faster but at the same time it can bogg out just as quick. personally im going with a light weight flywheel with my spec stage 3 clutch

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:59 AM
I have the light weight flywheel, and the spec stage 3 on mine. Occasionally, if you're not paying attention in the city, it'll bog down a little, nothing drastic. The plus side is, its a lot of fun when you're getting on it.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:25 PM
I would recommend the Fidanza, they are EXACTLY the same just a lot cheaper. Fidanza use to make the flywheels for SPEC.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:24 AM
i have a fidanza very happy the lighter the better.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:32 AM
jimbo84233 wrote:I have the light weight flywheel, and the spec stage 3 on mine. Occasionally, if you're not paying attention in the city, it'll bog down a little, nothing drastic. The plus side is, its a lot of fun when you're getting on it.

thats what im looking forward too. cant wait for my spec stage 3, team green lsd, and fidanza flywheel

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:36 PM
i have a spec 2, spec flywheel, teem green lsd, and the hybrid tranny with 3rd & 4th gear swap and also the 4.11fdr and damn i love it!!!!!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:32 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:I would recommend the Fidanza, they are EXACTLY the same just a lot cheaper. Fidanza use to make the flywheels for SPEC.

Having mine installed now, with an ACT Clutch, wish they'd hurry up, cant wait to see how she revs.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:57 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:I would recommend the Fidanza, they are EXACTLY the same just a lot cheaper. Fidanza use to make the flywheels for SPEC.

Having mine installed now, with an ACT Clutch, wish they'd hurry up, cant wait to see how she revs.

it SUCKS. I have the SPEC flywheel, Stage II clutch, and Phantom Grip LSD and since I installed the flywheel it revs WAY to fast and our gears are too short as is. You also loose the intertia to give you the power during the shifts so you it takes way longer to rev after shifting. I kill any car off the line (except AWD obviously) but higher up speeds they blow by me. Dont get it unless your going to be BOOSTIN.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:02 PM
SEC-Z wrote:
Ender_Wiggin wrote:

it SUCKS. I have the SPEC flywheel, Stage II clutch, and Phantom Grip LSD and since I installed the flywheel it revs WAY to fast and our gears are too short as is. You also loose the intertia to give you the power during the shifts so you it takes way longer to rev after shifting. I kill any car off the line (except AWD obviously) but higher up speeds they blow by me. Dont get it unless your going to be BOOSTIN.

Already bought it. Its in the shop now to get installed.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:35 PM
i had the Fidanza flywheel and a spec stage 3 in my 98 cav and i just got it for my 04 and i loved it in my 98 and it want boosted.i just dont no what clutch too go with on my 04.

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:56 AM
i have the act clutch and spec flywheel and i had great luck with them .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search