Buying a stock shifter ('02 Z24) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buying a stock shifter ('02 Z24)
Monday, March 06, 2006 8:51 AM
I would like to buy the stock shifter for my '02 Cavalier. I have a knock-off of a B&M, but its broken (joy ) and would like to revert back to the old shifter. I had my old one laying around, but alas, I can't find it. What is the website where we can buy authentic GM parts? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

The internet.

Re: Buying a stock shifter ('02 Z24)
Monday, March 06, 2006 9:11 AM
Okay, I found GMPartsDirect, and I think I found some shifters... but how do I know what to get? I don't see anything specific to my year, so will another year suffice? Help!

The internet.
Monday, March 06, 2006 9:23 AM
Junk yard is your best friend unless you want to pay VERY high price from GM or GM Parts Direct....

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:32 AM
I have a couple of them..... the shaft assemblies.... maybe even with knobs.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:46 AM
Like the whole assembly Brian? I might need one, starting to collect parts. I'll have to get a hold of you on AIM later, got some questions.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:07 AM
Weird. Nobody would have ever seen this coming. If you search, you'll find plenty of people who say the knock-offs are every bit as good as the B&M.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:53 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have a couple of them..... the shaft assemblies.... maybe even with knobs.....

Could you please e-mail me at jndietz@gmail.com?

The internet.
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:26 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Weird. Nobody would have ever seen this coming. If you search, you'll find plenty of people who say the knock-offs are every bit as good as the B&M.

i have a e-bay shfiter and i have no problems with mine other than it cutting the shifter boot but i have seen plenty if cavs with B&M shifters and cut up boots

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search