People with Lightweight Flywheel - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
People with Lightweight Flywheel
Friday, February 03, 2006 3:54 PM
Do any of you have a problem with the car almost stalling when coming to a fast stop or just revving the engine to like 2500 and letting off quick? I am trying to narrow down what would be causing this and I dont want to pay to have my stock flywheel resurfaced and install it if I dont have to.

Re: People with Lightweight Flywheel
Friday, February 03, 2006 6:50 PM
My car will sometimes do this, and I don't have any trans mods. Idk?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:23 AM
that seems to be a problem with the engine, i know lot of people who have this happen and dont have a light weight flywheel. bt it only happens randomly on rapid decel or stopping. do a search for common problems with the engine and youll see tons of people claiming this.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:49 AM
My car does the same thing.It did it before i put the light weight flywheel in.It has nothing to do with your flywheel.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:37 AM
turn up your idle a little bit. there is a screw on the t/b that is shaped like a star. crank that up a little.

or push in the clutch at/around 1500rpms when coming to a stop.

i have the spec flywheel and have no issues.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:09 PM
I have spec stage 2 clutch and spec flywheel and I have the EXACT same problem. Didnt ever realize it before the mods so Im not sure if its related.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:00 PM
I had the same problem before I did anything with my tranny. Then I swapped in a NVG-T550 tranny with a SPEC Stage 2 clutch, and every now and then, it still does the same thing. I have come to the conclusion that on a fast deceleration, the FPR doesn't adjust in time because the vacuum from the intake manifold changes so quickly. I did the HO manifold swap though, so that might be the problem. Not positive on that though.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search