Slight grind going into 3rd. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slight grind going into 3rd.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:47 PM
So I just had my master cylinder and the clutch and clutch pad changed right after Christmas, also the whole hydrolic system. But now when I'm driving if I go to put it in 3rd it will grind slightly.. Like it rolls/grinds over into 3rd. I even tried it with the clutch all the way down and it still does it on occassion. It seems like it grinds from the left of the gear. I don't know how to really explain it, but what could it be and is it an easy fix?

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Re: Slight grind going into 3rd.
Monday, February 06, 2006 10:19 PM
Hey I had the same problem with my car and it was the third gear syncrows ! ! ! If the car has warranty take it to get fixed if not well you might just have to live with it or get the syncrows replaced.

Project Yellow Blur Is Under Way ! ! ! ! !
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:19 AM
How much does it cost to get teh syncros changed? They just did a bunch of work on the transmission.. Hopefully it is covered.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:31 PM
Fierdon wrote: I even tried it with the clutch all the way down and it still does it on occassion.

shouldnt the clutch always be all the way down before shifting? or am i mistaken

2.2 OHV
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search