shift kit - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shift kit
Friday, February 03, 2006 12:30 AM
I want to get a shift kit for my automatic z24 are there any kinds that I should stay away from. Can anyone tell me anything bad about getting a shift kit in a daily driver? Thanks again everyone

2001 chevy cavy z24... Aem intake fed by hood scoop.. and exhaust... hopefully more to come soon

Re: shift kit
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:13 PM
The 4T40E is electornically controled, the are no shift kits available for it. You can get the Autotrans Interceptor, which would do the same thing as a shift kit though.

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:22 PM
B&M shiftplus is cheaper but you have to splice wires. Its really easy to install. Just cut off wire wrap.......then wrap the B&M wire around....soder (sp) it and heat shrink and its jsut like stock and has a on and off setting. Just make sure not to drive with it on ALL THE TIME like some ppl haha......

Thanx Charles
Friday, February 03, 2006 7:51 PM
Thanks you guys. yeah I just noticed that what I was looking for is prolly the autotrans interceptor (saw it in another post under a better title) But now I am going to look into this B&M stuff

Thanks again

2001 chevy cavy z24... Aem intake fed by hood scoop.. and exhaust... hopefully more to come soon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search