what happened to my clutch - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what happened to my clutch
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:28 PM
this morning when i went to start my car, i pushed in the clutch pedal and it sprung to the floor. i had to forcably pull it back up. it was as if it was pushed down by a spring. i am going to take it in tomorrow but if it is something easy that you guys might know about that would be awsome. BTW i checked the clutch fluid and it is full. this does not feel like the slave cylinder either.

brandon
2.4L 99 cavalier

Re: what happened to my clutch
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:32 PM
Something is broken

Either the pin at the top of the clutch pedal has come off... so the master cylinder isn't being pushed in (likely). Or the master cylinder is dead (also possibly likely).

Or the slave is dead...

Did you try bleeding the slave cylinder? Any fluid come out?

Re: what happened to my clutch
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:34 PM
ugh. i had that problem about 8 months ago. I ended up having to replace my master cylinder, slave, all the hydraulic lines from the pedal to the throw out. new throw out, pilot, clutch, pressure plate, and machined the flywheel. it was a major PITA to track down a new master cylinder assembly and it wasnt cheap when all was said and done. I had to do the clutch and machine the flywheel because my slave went out and i think thats what killed the master and the fluid soaked my clutch disc. good luck.

And not 2 days after replacing all that, i ended up with a faulty slave and i blew up and soaked my brand new clutch so i had to replace all of that again. then 2 weeks later the slave went AGAIN!! and again i replaced the slave clutch assembly and machined the flywheel again. Its been good for a while now but that experience left a sour taste in my mouth with these cars and aftermarket parts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search