Auto trans. slippage problem. B&M Shiftplus fix? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto trans. slippage problem. B&M Shiftplus fix?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:16 PM
Well i recently purchased a '98 Z-24 auto 4spd.
I noticed that it slips ever so slightly from 1st to 2nd under normal driving, and it slips real bad under hard acceleration.
The Diagnosis from GM is that the 1st gear secondary clutch isn't working properly. This is purely deductive reasoning, because the 123D manual shifting works fine, and it uses a different clutch.

So, i've done some searching here and noticed that most people refer to the Autotrans Interceptor and the B&Mshift plus as something that prevents slippage.
Is this true?
Also, would new gear oil+lucas oil help this matter? or is it just a waste of time and money?
I'd like to get this is fine working shape, but wouldn't mind a quick fix that will make this less noticeable so i can sell the car. But not so i screw the next owner over.

Any thoughts?

Re: Auto trans. slippage problem. B&M Shiftplus fi
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:30 PM
Lucas additives are snake oil... don't bother.

Increasing the line pressure with an Interceptor module or Shiftplus might work, but the damage is already done so don't expect it to last much longer if you start increasing pressure there.

Quick fix to make it less noticeable so you can sell the car.... correct me if I'm wrong here, but it sounds like you ARE trying to screw the next owner over. Remind me not to buy cars from you

Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:19 PM
Not at all.....That was why i said NOT to screw the next owner over.
So no other advice? thanks though!

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:15 AM
change the fluid and see if that helps.

see ya!

Friday, January 27, 2006 4:44 PM
so back to question:
Would new oil and some lucas oil produce less slippage? is that even possible?

Thanks for the responses!

Friday, January 27, 2006 6:43 PM
Like I said... Lucas products are garbage.

Depending on the mileage, you MAY improve the issue by changing the fluid and filter. But it might not. The only real way to fix it is to repair the problem.

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:29 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Like I said... Lucas products are garbage.

Depending on the mileage, you MAY improve the issue by changing the fluid and filter. But it might not. The only real way to fix it is to repair the problem.

w3rd

I haven't done a trans interceptor or anything like that before but I have installed a few b&m shift kits and 1 trans-go shift kit. the transes that started out in good shape stayed in good shape but the transes that were already dying still died.

granted I'm sure the 4t40e is much different than the 700r4, 200-4r, t350, and ford aod, c3

but I'm sure the same princapels apply
Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:00 PM
Thats what I needed to know. Thanks guys!
And I'm getting a new tranny. just simpler that way.

Thanks again!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search