Yank converters - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Yank converters
Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:04 PM
I came across these a few minutes before the end of the auction, but with 5 of them I assume that he'll list them again. $229 shipped certainly isn't bad for a 3k stall Yank converter. [URL=Yank converter auction]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8030084547&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1[/URL]

Re: Yank converters
Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:05 PM
Sorry, the link didn't work the first time...Yank converter
Monday, January 23, 2006 1:08 PM
I wouldn't buy that, they don't give you any other the other specs for it, like the srt, eff, and so one. Also a converter isn't something you just buy and install like an intake or exhaust, more like a custom turbo setup. You need to know what you want and for it to be done properly they need to know the the weight of the car, the cam, the stall speed you want(you need a dyno to find this out, you want the stall a few hundred rpm below the max torque of your motor) and a few other things. In all, a convert is not a off the shelf part you should get.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, January 23, 2006 3:49 PM
but a 3k stall? @!#$ my car stock stalls 2500rpm, waist of cash for 500rpm if you ask me, not only that jbodies imo need about a 3500rpm stall with the auto's as thats where they really start to "pickup" power wise.

Monday, January 23, 2006 4:51 PM
Their is much more to a aftermarket convert than just the stall speed. You could get one with the same stall as stock and still be quicker.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, January 23, 2006 6:35 PM
i bought one myself and am 100% happy with it for the price yes i could use a higher stall yet but this helps a lot. a higher stall converter for our cars is most likely going to be a custom thing and will cost between 400-600 ive checked. also the yank converter is built for nitrous as well and higher N/A or boost hp its rated at 600hp with nitrous and more with N/A and yank is a VERY well know company for converters. yes i do agree though a converter should be on e of the last things to get after you are built and know where your powerband is but for he price cant beat it for a mild build and just need that little extra to get you off the line. and my actual stall is 2900 but that also depends on how your built also.

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:22 PM
A converter is one of those things that will increase in performance as your horsepower increases. It will almost never become a regret as your setup changes. Most FWD people avoid them because they don't want to spend money on something they think won't make a difference.

This will make more of a difference than some stupid intake that only provides an increase of 5 HP at your absolute peak in the power curve.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:39 PM
What is the stock stall on a 4t40e?
Friday, January 27, 2006 3:59 PM
2375 RPM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search