4t40e poly mounts? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4t40e poly mounts?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:55 PM
Any word on these being made? And If not is there any kind of upgrade?

Re: 4t40e poly mounts?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:06 PM
i think everyone lost interest in making them

and i really need 1 , guess ill have to make a dog bone and use a 2nd lower motor mount

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:18 PM
could always make it with 2 plates of steel and a solid rod in between them all welded together thats something ive ben considering

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:02 AM
damn

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:05 AM
yup

i even gave karo my extra mount to give to prothane for them to make us 1

Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:06 AM
I believe karo came on the site and siad prothane basically said they wouldnt make it beauce of low damand. When I get back to cali I will try and find a company to make them. I would love to have them and would even pay through the nose for soem one offs if need be just to get it started. Now that I have money and a stable job I can work out a deal but this won't happen till I get off deployment. If they have already come out with them please let me know so I don't waist my time and money thanks.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:35 PM
I've got a stock one in my garage...... I'll see what I can dream up.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:22 AM
Cavie Freak wrote:I believe karo came on the site and siad prothane basically said they wouldnt make it beauce of low damand. When I get back to cali I will try and find a company to make them. I would love to have them and would even pay through the nose for soem one offs if need be just to get it started. Now that I have money and a stable job I can work out a deal but this won't happen till I get off deployment. If they have already come out with them please let me know so I don't waist my time and money thanks.
do what Mike did.......get a GP started based on a certain amount of mounts. i'll take one for sure.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:15 PM
purplezed wrote:
Cavie Freak wrote:I believe karo came on the site and siad prothane basically said they wouldnt make it beauce of low damand. When I get back to cali I will try and find a company to make them. I would love to have them and would even pay through the nose for soem one offs if need be just to get it started. Now that I have money and a stable job I can work out a deal but this won't happen till I get off deployment. If they have already come out with them please let me know so I don't waist my time and money thanks.
do what Mike did.......get a GP started based on a certain amount of mounts. i'll take one for sure.

+1

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Monday, June 05, 2006 5:53 AM
NUTCASE . wrote:
purplezed wrote:

+1

+2 i will need something like this myself so i am all for it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 05, 2006 6:57 PM
TurboTechRacing has the upper and lower engine mounts along with the manual transmission mounts. I am looking for automatic trans mounts.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:05 AM
03lssportblue wrote:
NUTCASE . wrote:
purplezed wrote:
+1
+2 i will need something like this myself so i am all for it
I really want an auto mount.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:05 PM
mebbe we can contact Karo and see if he can talk to Prothane or sumpin!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:28 PM
^^^^^ sounds like a plan to me

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:57 PM
I wouldn't trust em

Wouldn't it be kind of hard on the transmission to not have as much 'give?'

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:58 PM
not with an auto. auto's are notorious for being soft on the drive train.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:01 PM
Even a shiftplus'd auto?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:59 PM
I am in great need of a stronger trans mount. I may be forced to just buy a new EOM mount because mine is beyond dead...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:38 PM
I buy a poly mount for sure

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:14 AM
BradSk88 wrote:Even a shiftplus'd auto?
yeah....even a shift plussed auto. as long as you have the poly front lower mount and upper mount for the engine, the whole package doesn't move around much.

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:15 AM
woudl also buy one for my auto Z. Even with a stock one they are sooo sloppy. I can get ahold of a stock one as well if needed.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:25 PM
ok I think we need to get organised here. Im sure theres a company out there that would more then love to do this for us.

I dont know if anyone is taking charge, so I guess Ill go for it (Im really bored)

if you guys list some reputable companys Ill send out some emails.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:38 PM
cc c c c c a a a a an n n n n n yy yyyy oo o oo o u uuuu feee lllllll t t tt t t h hh h h e ee e e v i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i bbbbbb e e e s s ssssssssssssssssssss

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:40 PM
^^ take the vibrator out of ur butt and I bet u wont feel them anymore

BTW I'm in for a mount if we can get em made!

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Friday, June 09, 2006 1:41 PM
^ only thing vibrating my butt is the rumble the engine gives when i hit boost . . . .

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search