got a question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got a question
Monday, January 02, 2006 4:25 PM
was on the way home from work the other night and slowly started noticing that my car was starting to rev a little more and more. it go to the point where my car went from still at least traveling a decent speed to where it wouldn't go any faster than i could walk. its a manual transmission and i'm guessin if it is the clutch i won't be able to adjust it. i was just wondering if anybody else had ever had this problem and if you'd be able to shed a little light on this subject for me. anybody who could help would be really appreciated.

work in progress

Re: got a question
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:29 PM
well first we need to know a little more about your car . do you have an aftermarket
clutch? how old is the clutch?but that just dont sound right.a clutch shouldnt go out
that fast. you could have an oil seal leaking onto the clutch. if so the clutch is ruined.

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:59 AM
my clutch is the stock clutch and my car only has 39k miles on it. i know it doesn't sound right to me either why it went out. thats why i asked here.

work in progress
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:27 PM
bleed the system . if that doesnt do it then pull out the clutch.you should def find out what happend then. look at like this its the perfect opertunity to go with a stage 2 or 3

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:49 PM
aight thanks. i always knew this place would help me out with things if i ever needed them.

work in progress
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search