Autotrans interceptor - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autotrans interceptor
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:53 PM
Is there an autotrans interceptor on the market that you can turn off and on?

Sorry if this should be in electronics

Re: Autotrans interceptor
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:13 PM
hey milk, I'm getting mine on friday. it seems to be an add on you keep on all the time (though if you want to unplug it, no one will stop you). if you want something that will shut off when you want, I suggest looking into getting a B&M ShiftPlus as that has a switch to choos ebetween off, stage 1, and stage 2 though it is a less "customizable" way to go
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:29 PM
The way the interceptor works is that you plug it in and when it is plugged it, it's programmed to work...so the answer is no. If for some reason you find the shifts to be too hard, you can turn it down with a small phillips head screw driver and you're all set.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:56 PM
trans fourm

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:03 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]trans fourm

You're the laziest SOB ever...

You can't even type "transmission"...you type "trans" and don't even put a full sentence lol

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:15 PM
Well I haven't installed my Autotrans yet but from reading the setting directions it seems as if you can have a setting where there is "No Effect" with "0 PSI". So you can customize this product alot more than the B&M Shiftplus but you have to pop your hood to do it..but that's not too hard.

Blown.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:55 AM
Yeah the interceptor is pretty easy to change between the settings. Just get your screwdriver, undo the cover, and move the switch covers around in different combinations to determine the psi increase/decrease. Usually when you buy one, they only give you 2 sleeve covers (which is BS) but you just match the combinations to the chart they send you.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:04 AM
Quote:

Yeah the interceptor is pretty easy to change between the settings. Just get your screwdriver, undo the cover, and move the switch covers around in different combinations to determine the psi increase/decrease. Usually when you buy one, they only give you 2 sleeve covers (which is BS) but you just match the combinations to the chart they send you.

What's this now?

I thought you just adjusted the one or 2) pots in there

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search