Tighting b&m short throw - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tighting b&m short throw
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:05 PM
I would like to know, if there is any type of way i can tighted my shifter? I have a lot of play when shifting and would like to get the sloppy thing fit. please let me know.
thanks

Re: Tighting b&m short throw
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:50 PM
Well that's encouraging, I just opened mine and then read this post. My instructions say for a 2001 Chevy Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire. Are the '01 and the '03 the same in that area? The part number is 45156.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:47 PM
Adjust the cables.... put the trans into neutral (make sure, from the other end of the cables, that it's centered) and then set the clips on the shifter assembly onto the cables.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:17 PM
Chris Mackinlay wrote:Well that's encouraging, I just opened mine and then read this post. My instructions say for a 2001 Chevy Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire. Are the '01 and the '03 the same in that area? The part number is 45156.

Yes from 00-05.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:27 PM
oh cool
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:52 PM
can i just buy new cables? Will the new ones solve my problem and tighten the shifter up?
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:56 AM
Ive got a little play with my Short Throw, 98 Sunfire GT, i think its normal. I read how to adjust the cables, i think its too early in the morning, cause i didnt understand how that was done..

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 4:14 AM
Dashaun Jeter wrote:can i just buy new cables? Will the new ones solve my problem and tighten the shifter up?

yes you can buy new cables, theyre not exactly fun to install, and may not solve anything unless your stock ones are streched.....chances are you just need to adjust them a little

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:12 PM
mikec2003 wrote:
Dashaun Jeter wrote:can i just buy new cables? Will the new ones solve my problem and tighten the shifter up?

yes you can buy new cables, theyre not exactly fun to install, and may not solve anything unless your stock ones are streched.....chances are you just need to adjust them a little

Big question is, how to adjust them? I think it was said above, but i need a little more insight, as i want to try and adjust mine as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search