Now WTF is wrong? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Now WTF is wrong?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:15 PM
Okay.. this is Christmas and my car screws up.. Here I go. I Searched for this already, but found nothing.

Earlier today when I tried to shift out of first the car wouldnt do it.. After pressing the clutch hard to the floor it shifted.. then the car worked fine. Well, I'm on my way to my grandparent's house and when I went to down@!#$ when I got to a light I only felt pressure on the clutch the last inch or so from the floor.. But after I got it to a parking lot.. It wouldn't go into gear at all.. I have no idea what is wrong.. I thought it might be the actual clutch but I'm not sure.. What a way to ruin my Christmas.. and my birthday (It's on Tuesday) I'm hoping it isn't too expensive.. I was hopping to get my exhaust and intake with my birthday/Christmas money. Thanks in advance.

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Re: Now WTF is wrong?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:48 PM
Check your clutch fluid level?

Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:52 PM
But this just happened all of a sudden.. no gradual changing.. But I'll have to do that before I bring it to the transmission shop. Just gotta find a ride into town to get to it..

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:54 PM
I always start with the least expensive option (checking stuff) and go from there.

Monday, December 26, 2005 9:03 AM
Well, I had to call a tow truck to get it off the parking lot it was on.. so it is at the local Chevrolet Dealership, gotta call them tomorrow when the mechanic shop opens to see what was wrong with it.. Hopefully it is something simple.

Monday, December 26, 2005 1:05 PM
You didn't follow Lenko's advice and at least CHECK the clutch fluid level reservoir?!?!?!

Boy... you really wanted to piss away that money, didn't you.

Why even post this up on the board if you won't even follow the advice that IS given to you?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, December 26, 2005 3:54 PM
same thing happened with mine its either the master or the slave cylinder
Monday, December 26, 2005 6:12 PM
First off.. I had to get it off the parking lot before it was towed to the impound.. I am not supposed to have it parked there over night.. And the tow service won't charge me if I get it towed to the dealership. I lived way too far out to have it towed to my house and if it were something worse.. have it towed back to town. If it is the master or slave cylinder.. how much am I looking at paying?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:00 AM
Well, it turned out being the master cylinder and the hydrolic system.. Which is gonna cost me $1400... My car is only about 2 years old, what could have caused this to go out?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:19 PM
Master cylinder AND the hydrolic system? As in, the slave cylinder? (there isn't much in the system)

I can get a master and line from a wrecker for $100... tops.. plus an hour or two work...

That's a far cry from $1400. Do they include lube with that estimate? Or just hump you dry?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:24 PM
Fierdon wrote:Which is gonna cost me $1400... My car is only about 2 years old

Shouldn't this be covered under warranty, seeing that your car is only 2 years old?

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:31 PM
I have had my master cylinder go out once on me. My pedal just say pushed in. Other time the clip from the pedal to the master cylinder broke.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:11 PM
That's what happened to mine. The pedal just stayed pushed in. But my car has 46k miles on it so no more warranty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search