getting 2 transmission codes - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getting 2 transmission codes
Saturday, December 24, 2005 3:29 PM
for the last week my car has driven like crap. it's a 98 with 4spd auto. while cruising down the road at a steady speed, it acts like it's about to run out of gas, or missing really bad. well the CEL came on, so i stopped by advance and had them check the codes. i'm getting 2 transmission codes:

P0742 Torque Converter Circuit Stuck On
P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid A Electrical

Anybody have any idea how to fix those codes? i searched but came up with nothing.

http://jbok.org

Re: getting 2 transmission codes
Monday, December 26, 2005 2:36 AM
Seems like one of those things where you need to take it to a professional to look at it.

Sounds like something electrical is effecting your transmission in a negative way.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:54 PM
without having a diganostic chart and a tech 2 it will be hard to figure it out yourself. i'd take it in to the shop and see what they say is wrong. then go from there and see if you can fix it yourself.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:09 PM
It could actually be something wrong with the solenoids, or it could just be the output sensor is sending the wrong signal. If your driving and this jerking happens toe the brakes and see if it helps. The brake switch should release the tcc.
Monday, January 09, 2006 12:54 PM
thanks for the responses guys. i actually tried doing that Bill. pushing the brake a little to release the tcc, and it seemed to still do it. it would stop for a second and the rpm's would jump up a few hundred, but then they'd fall back down and the jerking would start again. i think i will take it to a shop tho to find out exactly what the problem is, and then just fix it myself.

btw, does anyone know if the tcc switch or output sensor is inside the tranny?

http://jbok.org
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search