automatic shift points? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
automatic shift points?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 12:53 PM
im wondering where the shift points are for the auto trans at WOT and if theres a program out there that can adjust shift points? i still got a crap load im learning about transmissions but i know a little bit about them. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Re: automatic shift points?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:47 PM
Auto trans. are all about the Vacuume and the line pressure......
so there arn't really adjustible points..... But there is the B&M "Shift Plus"
It adjusts the line pressure so there is no , i guess you would call it 'slippage'
the down time between actual gears, such as between 2nd and 3rd... it is that puase before the next gear kicks in. You should check this out if you want your trans. to not have any slippage, http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=1136
well i hope this helpes you out any.....

Re: automatic shift points?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:02 PM
well i already knew about the pressure things and as much trouble as ive heard about the b& m although a reputable manual tranny company i am gonna go with the autotrans interceptor. i am still learning a @!#$ load of auto trans stuff hopefully i get into uti's online program so i can start doing all this crap. i eventually wanna be a master tech hopefully it happens. but anyways so there isnt any sensors that at a certain speed send a signal to the transmission telling it when to open up and shift? is there anybody on here that can basically write out how an auto trans runs. id appreciate it 100% thank you in advance.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search