Bleeding a clutch??? How??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bleeding a clutch??? How???
Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:15 AM
Im having a bit of a tranny problem. I dont know what it is but its very hard to shift intom gear. It doesnt grind its just hard to get the shifter to go into gear. I was wondering if I need a new clutch, sincrownizers, or a slave cylinder? Were at and how do you bleed a slave cylinder. Some one help me. SOON.

Re: Bleeding a clutch??? How???
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:51 PM
If the clutch pedal doesn't respond very well, you'd start with bleeding the clutch line. That doesn't sound like your problem.

If the shifter is difficult to physically move into each gear.... I'd start with the shifter cables. Maybe you need to adjust them.

Is it hard to put into each gear with the car off? Try it. If so, then take out the centre console and adjust the cables on the shifter assembly. Or take it to someone to get adjusted

If it's easy to move into gears with the car off... only difficult with the car running... then you may have issues with your syncros...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:57 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:
If the shifter is difficult to physically move into each gear.... I'd start with the shifter cables. Maybe you need to adjust them.

Is it hard to put into each gear with the car off? Try it. If so, then take out the centre console and adjust the cables on the shifter assembly. Or take it to someone to get adjusted

If it's easy to move into gears with the car off... only difficult with the car running... then you may have issues with your syncros...

lenko , how hard is it to adjust the shifter cables..
something that i could do if i had 2 hours or so?

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:06 PM
How fast can you take out the center console?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:24 AM
honestly 2 mins...

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Friday, December 23, 2005 6:32 PM
Hmm, im wondering if my 3rd gear synro is wanting to go, sometimes when i run 2nd gear out, and shift into 3rd, its almost as if the shifter hits a wall, and doesnt shift, its been like this for a while now, and i figured tranny mounts and short shifter might help (thinking it was me, but 3rd hasnt moved, so it cant be) It also seems to do it if im racing (here comes the flaming), which is embarassing, cause 1st and 2nd are really strong, then i cant get it into 3rd, again, the brick wall. Is there anything I can do, or is it a synro? no grinding at all, its mainly when the "racing" is going on, and usually will go in when i run 2nd out. Im also wondering if its clutch fluid related, because i took the car on a 2k mile trip this past weekend, and it almost seemed as if the clutch was slipping (lossing power, and the car seemed to almost give up, and when it was stopped, it died out.) It did it a couple of times, and hasnt happened since. We were driving almost 11 hours at that time, and really concerned me. Im wondering since im not using the proper bracket for my clutch reservoir (its wired onto my strut bar till CarCustoms gets one in), if that would be the culprit? I want to think it did it before then too, but the bar was hitting the cap of the reservoir too, so i dunno. Fluid was changed id say less than 5k miles ago, GM Synromech, 98 Sunfire GT with the Isuzu..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search