Clutch Choices - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Choices
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:12 AM
Currently I have a Spec stage 3 in the car with a Spec flywheel. It's a great clutch and I've not had any issues with it other than an odd noise that Spec says is the flywheel/clutch combo noise...like pennies in a coffee can when I let off the gas.

It's held in the car for more than 15,000 miles and too many launches to count! But, I want something that is not so aggressive! I have maybe, and this is a stretch, 1 to 1.5 inches of either it's engaged or not engaged! That leave about 5 or 6 inches of empty space from the clutch pedal to the floor!

So, what I'm looking for is a performance clutch that can match up to the flywheel but still offer me holding power, and...feel a little more like a stock clutch! I have all the bolt ons right now and some day a supercharger will be added...

So, what experience do you have with good performing clutches that feel more like stock but can provide a bit more performance? It's drove about everyday and this is the main reason for wanting a better feeling clutch for traffic and all. Thanks!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Re: Clutch Choices
Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:02 AM
I have a SPEC stage 2 in my car... no problems.. I've been in a SPEC stage 3 car, and it's way worse in traffic. The stage 2 is still more of an "on/off switch" than stock, but that's the price you pay for performance.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:06 AM
Thanks Lenko...I know I'll pay a price with performance. Just want to see if there is another clutch out there that can hold decent and still give a feel, even if it's small, like stock.

This thing is a %#$@* to drive in traffic! Even worse taking off on a hill Guess I'm just over the cool feel of it and now I'm thinking about comfort again

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:12 AM
I personally have not problems with my car stage III and FIdanza flywheel in traffic and on hills. I live in a place that has a number of hills. I really don't notice how my clutch differs from stock unless i drive a stock car. I have had my clutch for over 2 year now and no problem and a number of road trips. My foot has gotten so use to it a stock clutch now feels to soft i feel like i am gong to put my foot throught the floor. But SPEC i think is the only manufacturer making clutches for the getrag. The isuzu has more options. I Stage II may be your best option should still be good with a Supercharger

Come on my wife has no problem with my stage III. Just kidding, about 3 months after getting mine installed i was thinking like that now it is over 2 years and i have gotten so use to it it is not a problem.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search