DOES CENTERFORCE SUCK THAT BAD? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DOES CENTERFORCE SUCK THAT BAD?
Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:33 PM
I've heard bad thing about this clutch in a j-body and i find this so hard to believe because i know so many people with these clutches in 4x4 Toyota's 5.0 mustangs and they abuse the absolute crap out of them and they never stink or slip and keep on working like nothing happen I've launched cars at 5000 RPM and never had a problem but i have never driven or known anyone with a centerforce in a j-body and was wondering is it really that bad or is it abuse,poor installs ,unsurfaced flywheels or do they just suck? i know one of the down falls right out of the box is that it has no weights like all dual frictions have because there is no room for them in ower bell housing but i want to here some first hand experiences.

Re: DOES CENTERFORCE SUCK THAT BAD?
Friday, December 02, 2005 2:11 AM
I never had a problem on my 2.3.

It's not the kind of clutch that will last 100 000miles tough. You'll probably get around 50 000miles with one.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:59 AM
i can live with that as long as it's not slipping
Friday, December 02, 2005 9:22 AM
i know several people that have had issues with ceneter force

some have had good luck

personally i had bad luck with the 1 i put in my 68 elcamino

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:54 AM
i read to many issues and some good but if i am going to purchase something i would like the pro to our weigh the cons for those with similar cars. I went with SPEC and not problems.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:39 AM
I have one and yes it sucks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Friday, December 02, 2005 1:22 PM
why did it suck ? what did it do ? (or not do)
Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:59 AM
I have one and (knock on wood) don't have any complaints.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:37 PM
I used a dual friction for 2 seasons of racing with no probs.
BUT this was on a race only car not a street car, worked great witha 100 shot nitrous on the car too! until I added a LSD then the Centerforce clutch was just as useless as a factory clutch it blew out the first pass I made with nitrous, but with a stock trans on BFG drag radials it lasted a full season no prob. So the choice is yours there ok but not the best! I had beter response and feel from Spec but I also ran a stage 3 with there lightened flywheel it all comes down to what you have and what you expect centerforce is only as good as there price! An maybe not even that!

91 GA 12.080@113.99 best 1/4 mile E.T.
www.killerquad4.com
jake@killerquad4.com
Looking for Sponsor
Friday, December 09, 2005 3:39 PM
I had mine on for about 2 years and i was sprayin it not all the time but maybe once every 2 weeks at the track. The first time i sprayed it at the track it slipped alot like i went prolly 1/4 the way down the track once before the rpms stabalized and came back down to normal. I called them about it and they said that i can take it off and send it back to see if its messed up but i was like um thats alot of work to send it back for them to (most likly) just tell me there was a " wrong installation or something"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:51 PM
not meaning to thread jack, but what's the average life of a stock clutch?

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:23 AM
it depends on how u drive it but usually they can last a long time I've seen clutchs with 350000 km and still just fine and some with 30000km and can barley get the car into the shop
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:22 PM
i have a Centerforce Dual friction........race it on Drag Radials been in for 50,000kms not works great i also auto X the crap outta my car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search