which pulley - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which pulley
Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:27 AM
i might sound stupid for asking this but i always see you guys talking about 2.6 2.7 etc about pullies for the gm kit. which one gives you 10 psi?

Re: which pulley
Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:49 AM
2.5 or 2.6 with alky injection should give you 9.5-10.5 psi from what ive been reading peoples been spiking boost at on them, im personally going to order the 2.6" since with the intake and bored t/b i have im seeing 6 psi with the stock (2.8") pulley and i dont wanna overturn the charger which would be anything after 10.5 would be somewhat risking overturning the charger (11 psi and up is deffinatly pushing it to the limits), correct me if im wrong anyone

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:17 AM
i suggest you do a little more research, because when u go to that small of a pulley, there's just more than swapping the pulley. you need to account fuel and tuning and whatnot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:25 AM
yep, i was considering he knew about bigger injectors and tuning for it.....

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:09 PM
All i did was put the 2.6" pulley and alcohol on, But i didnt get 10psi untill like 5000RPM.... but i still have the stock fuel pump and every thing...

You dont need any thing fuel wise or any thing to run the 2.6" with and alcohol trust me...the guy i just bought a turbo kit off of ran 10psi and every thing bone stock from internals to fuel pump and had a Wide band O2 sensor and he said it ran perfect...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:25 PM
Hey Josh,I agree with you! I'm currently running the 2.6 with alky injection(methanol and water mix) with and adjustable fpr set at about 63 psi at WOT and had my cousins scanner on it as he has his own auto shop and it was reading 12.5 at WOT at about 5800-6000 rpm and 14.6 at idle.Car has other mods as well but stock internals!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:11 PM
2.6 with alky injection? is there a specific kit that you bought for your alky injection or is it home made? how much does it cost also?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:28 PM
i got mine from www.coolingmist.com

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:32 PM
how much did it cost yah?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:51 PM
i made my own kit and cost like $300ish

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:03 PM
what consists of making your own kit? I know that mr pute use to sell kits for people but i never knew what was needed to make your own

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:11 PM
check e bay, coolingmist or engine run up have kits for 200$.

and search around the boost forum for more info. It has been covered time and time again.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:54 PM
I got mine from SMC.... I new of them because my dad has their kit on his GNX... and all his buddys use it on their Grand Nationals... and every thing i have seen has been good stuff from them...

here is the main web site... dont think they have the Universal kit that i bought on there...
SMC home page

But here is what comes in the kit **note the controler is a bit different shape now... still has pump speed and boost levels but it showes numbers now, not just high and low**SMC universal kit
If you order the kit and want to put the tank in under your hood its easy... and just ask for a 36" length braided steel line (he asks you what length so you can pick longer if you want it in your trunk)

here are the pictures of it in my engine bay..
**note, no matter what kit. do not put it that close to the right side of your throttle body.. either on the other side between the s/c'er and TB or a good 15" away from your throttle body on your intake...**

I would personal recomend this kit as it is VERY easy to tune it WHILE YOU DRIVE... unlike most of them you will have to pull over.. pop your hood.. guess at home much you need to turn the dial.. get in and try it again... then if you dont want it spraying that much all the time you have to change it... where as with this kit. the small controler mounts in your car and you can tune it as you drive. as the lights come on telling you when its spraying and you can see exactly at what boost level and you can change the pump speed so daily driving you spray alittle in just to keep the intake temps down a bit... and racing you turn it up...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:45 PM
thanks for that web page and info on the kit. it looks very reliable. how long does each tank last saying that you only race on the weekends?
Saturday, January 14, 2006 3:45 AM
james briscoe wrote:thanks for that web page and info on the kit. it looks very reliable. how long does each tank last saying that you only race on the weekends?

all depends on how fast you have the pump turned on and what boost level you have it set at...

For me.. i set it at 5psi and left that dial alone... and just controlled the pump speed..
For the track i had it to come on full at around 7-8psi... so it wouldn't be bogging the engine with lots of alcohol down low but this uses a fair amount and would make it so you have to fill up lots (but i use windshield washer fluid lots of the time so its really cheep)

But for the street i have the pump set to be at full speed at like 20psi.. so it never gets going hard so i don't use much but still keeps the s/c'er nice and cool...

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:14 PM
did you say that you use windshield washer fluid? that works good without damaging anything?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search