Hahn turbo kit Ques? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hahn turbo kit Ques?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:34 PM
Any body actually have the Hahn turbo kit on their 03-05 Cavy or sunfire? Anybody have pics of it installed...Did you have to have the computer flashed or anything or was it bolt on and drive?

Re: Hahn turbo kit Ques?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:15 PM
dude if u search hahn racecraft u can prolly get alot of pics of them installed or search the memebers and seach for hypsy he has i for sure, and u cant just bolt it on and drive u have to tune it using a fmu like the cartech one or something or u can buy something like a megasquirt which is a full standalone management. well either ways alot can be acheived by a little searching so try it out and i hope it works out for u

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:19 PM
I believe the Hahn kit is bolt on and drive, it comes with everything to safely run boost ( stage two ) ...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:09 PM
its as bolt-in as a turbokit can get.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:50 AM
i know it has to be tuned...when turbo get .i would not have to flash my comp...is pretty much what i wondering...i have been told that you cvan install the kit and drive away....with maybe a little more changes like a fuel pressure regulator....but i was just checking to see if anyone had theirs installed yet...if they had any problems...any custom fabrication to the kit...was it a perfect fit...could they drive it with no prob after install....max spike boost someone hit with stock internals....and so on....

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:17 AM
Just checkin on difficulty for "do it yourself" install

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:16 AM
well all you guys have to do is SEARCH. you'll see all the opinions everyone has of the kit.

Hahn thread from last week

Hahn thread from a couple weeks ago

I don't mean to be rude but this is discussed weekly. The kit is the only complete kit on the market right now. There is no fabrication required.

I probably, other than Hahn themselves, hold the record for the kit. 12.806 seconds @ 108.24MPH. I have run the kit, without engine mods, to 16PSI but I can't suggest everyone try this.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:50 AM
I just have the question of what makes the automatic a more difficult install than the manual install? Someone said in a post that it's basically impossible on an automatic, does anyone have a kit on an auto in this forum?

Thanks,
Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:54 AM
Nevermind, found it posted on here, sorry for the inconvenience.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:36 PM
Well i have the kit on my car. I had to do alot of fab work with the pipes and the intake pipe but you CAN put it on but to anyone who wants to i would say dont try it. Build your own.
Friday, January 20, 2006 9:49 PM
ummm....you better clarify your statement Devin. You had to do a lot of fab work BECAUSE YOU PUT IT ON AN AUTOMATIC TRANS CAR. Dont forget to add that part to your comments because they changes it completely

Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:34 PM
the guy above him posted about why it is hard to fit on the autos he was in context i think ?? haha

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:51 PM
I dunno. I'm so @!#$ stressed right now. @!#$ school, work, new business and then my laptop breaks on me. I'm so out of it right now I'm not paying attenion anymore.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:36 PM
Just a quick Question,
Does the Stage 1 Hahn turbo fit automatics? I don't have the money to convert over to a manual. Still waiting on the Power Ball.

"Smoked"
Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:54 PM
None of the Hahn Ecotec kits will properly fit, or work that we know of, on a automatic trans car. Sorry. Last I heard that was a POSSIBLE next step for the kit.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:54 PM
I guess I will try to email HRC and tell them that many people with automatic are dying to get a turbo and will pay for one that works. Sounds good hypsy.

"Smoked"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search