Emry's topfeed conversion pics - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emry's topfeed conversion pics
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:58 PM
well here it is. Runs and idles, Im in the process of having some spacers made so the throttle will open fully yes those are only 19lb/hr injectors, still saving up for red tops and an afpr.

Ive started making another one if anyone's interested. ill include an intake gasket set, FI hose, clamps, throttle body spacer, both upper and lower intake, direct plug in replacement for the wiring harness', and fuel rail. No injectors. PM me if your interested.
It would look better then this one, this was kinda my prototype.

96 Camaro A4 383 12.5:1, E85, Full suspension, Nitrous outlet plate kit, hooker headers and catback, 3800 circle D converter.

2002 Silverado LQ4 6.0 CAI, Long tube headers, 4" exhaust

1996 s10- 97 ECU and wiring, soon to be boosted daily driver.

Re: Emry's topfeed conversion pics
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:20 PM
Dude, that's cool. How did you do it?

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:24 PM
very nice. everyone else needs to take notice

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:53 PM
BTW, What do you mean "so the throttle opens all the way"? It won't the way it is?

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:01 PM
its hard to explain. See the throttle body sits over the rail, when the cable tries to pull throttle plate open the idle screw i guess you could say hits the fuel rail, im sure i could find a way to modify it so it works. But a spacer looks like an easy fix for the problem.

96 Camaro A4 383 12.5:1, E85, Full suspension, Nitrous outlet plate kit, hooker headers and catback, 3800 circle D converter.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:15 PM
Id be interested in buying one emry. Send Me one.. whats the price?>
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:19 PM
ok can i ask why you just can't use say nissan or rx7 side feed injectors on a 96+ 2.2??
i'm just curious why you can't use different side feed injectors like top feeds?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:25 PM
Volumeking333 wrote:ok can i ask why you just can't use say nissan or rx7 side feed injectors on a 96+ 2.2??
i'm just curious why you can't use different side feed injectors like top feeds?
They don't fit

fortune cookie say:
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:13 PM
i'd be interested in buying it whats the price and all that
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:18 PM
nice work emry, I think your setup has cost the least amount of money to date as compared to anyone else who's done their top feed conversion.

good job dude!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:27 PM
yeah its nice having all those spare parts layin around just takes a lot of time, and a lot of fitment. And you were there to see it evolve from greasy to semidone to finish! lol

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:49 AM
what method did you go with? weld in new bungs or just machine the old ones out?

fortune cookie say:
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:31 AM
So you might be selling these? Considering the internal fuel rail with the 95-97 LN2, how are you going to go about selling a kit for it? Just selling a complete lower assembly? And what kind of prices? Keep me posted bro.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:42 AM
I left the stock fuel rail alone thats in the manifold bascially. Its not hurting any thing, plus it would be easy to find out if an injector was leaking. I just stuck some plugs in it so dirt doesnt get caked in there. Yeah if i were to sell one like i said it would come with:

upper & lower Felpro gasket set
a second upper to go on the botom side of the TB spacer
2200 fuel rail
Fuel Injection hose
Clamps
Lower intake
Throttle body spacer to fix throttle probelms
Soldered and shring tubed injector Harness to plug righ into factory
And a TB if it requiers anymore modification. Im hoping the Spacer will fix it all.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:51 AM
plus it take no modication to the stock fuel line, i stuck injection hose over the ridge of it, clamped it, and then made a bracket on the fire wall, Others that do it may find a different way to do it. Doing it my way still leaves the option to return it stock. all that would have to be replaced is the harness. Which i saved my old one, and a new intake manifold.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:30 AM
just wondering if you had made any more progress on this?

http://www.helpelijah.com
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:30 PM
Sean McAfee wrote:just wondering if you had made any more progress on this?

Ya he finished it, ran great, everything was good, then the motor gave out, it's just now back on the road from what I hear. new motor, and some other small goodies !!!

This young guy is VERY VERY VERY VERY smart for his age. Emry, praise to you my friend, keep up the good pioneering for the 2.2..........................

Keep it up !

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:13 PM
So is there going to be anything like what was stated in the thread for purchase?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:10 AM

Or you can go that route... probably a bit more money, but in my opinion it looks better and you can use whatever tb you want. You're not stuck with a built motor and everything and yet still can't breathe cuz of a small tb. If anyone is interested in one, let me know.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:42 AM
That's pretty nice Todd. Can we get a view from the top? It doesn't look like the #1 lower runners are covered all the way...I'm sure they are, just want to see how

fortune cookie say:
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:56 PM
Yeah, i'll take some more pics of it tomorrow. I have the motor out of the car so i'll take pics of whatever you want. Just let me know.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:05 PM
never see you on really anymore todd, you still messing with the cav or selling?

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:21 PM
I still have it... running better than ever. But i find most of the stuff on this board very repetative so i don't frequent as often anymore. I have quite a bit more done than what my registry states so most of the stuff asked on here is not to interesting anymore. But i like to look in every now and then and see what's new and all.
Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:24 PM
Todd, any pics of the current setup out of the car?

I'm very interested in seeing it !

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:25 PM
i guess i'll have to update my registry. But yeah the motor will probably go back in this weekend. so any pics you want just let me know and i'll take them before i put it back in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search