GM Supercharger Maintenance ?s - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Supercharger Maintenance ?s
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:41 AM
I have had my GMcharger installed on 2 vechicles for about a year and a half and have put about 30,000 miles on it. What maintenance should I do on the charger and how often? I run it pretty hard and it has gotten a little noisier lately. Also what do you guys think about going to the next smallest pulley on a stock engine? any input would be appreciated thanks

Re: GM Supercharger Maintenance ?s
Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:55 PM
zero

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:57 PM
Comes with a 2.8 pulley... you can get 2.7, 2.6, 2.5 from www.partsforyourcar.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:26 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Comes with a 2.8 pulley... you can get 2.7, 2.6, 2.5 from www.partsforyourcar.com

Or go to Pulley boys... as they have pulley for our cars/M45 supercharger...

And as for which pulleys you can run.. I have run the 2.7, and 2.6" both with alcohol and both with out... i would personaly say if you dont want to add alcohol/water injection dont go lower then the 2.7".... my car feels alot slower with the 2.6" with no alcohol injec. then it is with the 2.7" with out...aahhaha hope that makes sence
And my engine is all stock... wel internals and fuel pump are...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:26 AM
What all do I need to change the pulley? And is it hard?
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:09 PM
hey john, I was just on pfyc.com and I didn't see anything for the 2.4 sc, u know something I didn't see?

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:47 AM
Rick Doyle wrote:I have had my GMcharger installed on 2 vechicles for about a year and a half and have put about 30,000 miles on it. What maintenance should I do on the charger and how often? I run it pretty hard and it has gotten a little noisier lately. Also what do you guys think about going to the next smallest pulley on a stock engine? any input would be appreciated thanks

If it's anything like the M90 (which is probably is) the noise you are hearing is the coupler, it connects the rotors to the snout. I'm not sure if you can order just that part for the M45. The oil in the snout should be good for the life of the supercharger but it doesn't hurt to check the level every now and then. It should be just to the top of the fill hole.

Get something to scan the computer and watch for any sign of knock. If your not seeing knock with the smaller pulley your good to go. If you are, either move back up in size with the pulley or do something to eliminate the knock (alk injection, etc) Here is a good article about knock, it's information is based off the M90 but the general idea is the same. Knock Retard

Josh F wrote:
And as for which pulleys you can run.. I have run the 2.7, and 2.6" both with alcohol and both with out... i would personaly say if you dont want to add alcohol/water injection dont go lower then the 2.7".... my car feels alot slower with the 2.6" with no alcohol injec. then it is with the 2.7" with out...aahhaha hope that makes sence
And my engine is all stock... wel internals and fuel pump are...

Your probably seeing knock and your computer is pulling timing to correct it.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:40 AM
^^ good info

Portage, MI
Monday, January 09, 2006 6:58 PM
RaGiN Z wrote:hey john, I was just on pfyc.com and I didn't see anything for the 2.4 sc, u know something I didn't see?

Scott

Buy the ones for the 3.8. They fit.

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:37 PM
Actually, I talked to Magnason the dist. for eaton and they said the s/c oil should be changed every 30,000 miles. Also the noise could be coming from the bearings on the other end of the rotors. The snout comes off easy enough to check out the bearings for grease. If they look low, use a very high temp grease on them.

I swear, as loud as you are, you should be doing at least 200 mph.
Monday, January 09, 2006 8:06 PM
where is the hole for the oil to go in at?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:30 AM
The hex screw behind the altenator.

I swear, as loud as you are, you should be doing at least 200 mph.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search