secret cams on 99 turbo Z - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
secret cams on 99 turbo Z
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:50 AM
my friend bought the 2.3 (secret) cams off ebay a few months ago with the intention of putting them in his 99 Z. however he doesnt want them anymore and i think im going to take them off of his hands...

1. is it a good idea to put into my cavy with 9psi, will i feel a difference as in make power or lose power
2. he got them off of a seller on EBAY is there any way of telling that they are the secret cams? i dont wanna buy them and in the end the guy was selling 2.4 cams or something..
thanks in advance

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: secret cams on 99 turbo Z
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:59 AM
98redcavz24 also has a set. im skeptical.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:14 AM
a number of people are using it with the supercharger. Brain (Speedracer) has just on his turbo and didn't seem to have any issues. He ran like 12.8 with his set up and the cam.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:15 AM
whats ther expected gain though, like 2 whp?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:50 AM
Brain was running 12psi if i remember correctly with the Cam. You should see at most 5-10hp gain.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:31 PM
are they worth the work? No/// Will they make a difference with other minor head work. Hell yes. with the cams and mild port expect 15 to 20 hp with boost. I noticed a difference . But man what a pain in the frickin butt. Just getting the head off on a 2.4 is like performing a brain operation. I layed down 190 hp and 194tq untuned with a/f ratio not even registering because my car was so pig rich. 10.0 and below afr. 6psi on a t3 super 60 which is not that big. And I am automatic. I hope that confuses you a bit more into making your decision. lol jk man . yeah they are worth it.

01 Z24 Turbo /// First Reflashed Turbo AUTO MMMM YUMMY
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:48 PM
dragracemyz24 wrote:are they worth the work? No/// Will they make a difference with other minor head work. Hell yes. with the cams and mild port expect 15 to 20 hp with boost. I noticed a difference . But man what a pain in the frickin butt. Just getting the head off on a 2.4 is like performing a brain operation. I layed down 190 hp and 194tq untuned with a/f ratio not even registering because my car was so pig rich. 10.0 and below afr. 6psi on a t3 super 60 which is not that big. And I am automatic. I hope that confuses you a bit more into making your decision. lol jk man . yeah they are worth it.

wow now i feel stupid lol i got out of it that its worth it but with my turbo how much retuning will be needed and if its a huge huge pain ill just boost more lol

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:25 PM
I'll go over this once more.
There is no easier way to make horsepower than putting performance cams in your boosted motor. The gain you will see (from the cams) will be far more substantial than without the turbo, and you will be making more power at the same, or less boost level.
This is a good thing.
Those cams are so mild, they wil not affect the way your car drives, but should be good for an easy few hp. HEAD WORK IS NOT NEEDED. The cams are VERY close to stock, but a small upgrade, on the cheap.
If you want to make power, get yourself a set of cams similar to the HO profile. They'll work great with your turbo
You can measure the base circle diameter, then measure the lobe height. Deduct the smaller number form the bigger one, and you have the lift.
Look up the lift numbers in the secret casm sticky. You will know if they are the right ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search