Saab setup - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab setup
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:18 AM
What's the difference between the mitsubishi turbo and the garrett turbo the saab 9-3's come with??

Saab Turbo Project... 2006

Re: Saab setup
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:56 PM
you have more option to upgrade with the mitsubishi tdo4
the garrett will work just fine for low boost 6-8
but more is pushing it. the saabs using the garret only use 6 psi and make 175 hp on a 2.0

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:16 PM
Okay, thanks! I found a killer deal on the garrett setup, manifold, turbo, and injectors new for $550. Damn!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:31 PM
hahaha your silly, the mitsu turbos are far less upgradable than the t3 flanged turbos.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:34 PM
not to mention mitsu turbos are more expensive.

a 42/48 garrett would be my choice over a t25/14b /15g or even small 16g all day
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:40 PM
B@$+@rd.....I want one....$550 for a Garrett setup.....

My Buddie has an old 9000 CD with a t3 on it and it makes about 1.25 bar+
we've had it max the needle on the boost gauge (approx 2.0 bar)...but the stock injectors don't have the fueling capacity.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:43 PM
Quote:

hahaha your silly, the mitsu turbos are far less upgradable than the t3 flanged turbos.

Quote:

not to mention mitsu turbos are more expensive. a 42/48 garrett would be my choice over a t25/14b /15g or even small 16g all day

yes if that were the case but we are talking about the saab setup. as on the 9-3 where the t3 flange is not used. a triagle shaped flage is.
also his comparison was between the garett gt2052 and the mitsubishi TDO4L-14T.
partly because these are the 2 urbos that are available from saab that fit the manifold.

and as for upgrade i meant they "are " from the garrett unit. may not be the best but its all a matter of opinion.

i mean we dropped 800 dollars on bradosons setup and he is in the 13.8 range on 6psi w/ the tdo4 and that was everythign intercooler downpipe the whole schebang.

there is complete garrett setup on ebay right now. hehe but im not gonna say where to find it.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:30 PM
well you cant get one now cuz I just bought both of them. Im keeping one and taking offers on the other.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
~ Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:39 PM
By the way the units are BRAND NEW off test cars from Sweden.

Check out my car....
~ Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:33 PM
lmao hahahahahahah thats what they told you......good luck with that.....rofl.

btw they are the garret ones......lol i think its funny what they are telling people. cause i inquired about that setup a month ago and its off a wrecked car....not some test unit....lol

but whatever. good job.......i got the tdo4 yesterday.....so that makes 2 for me.....hahah

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:56 PM
I know there the Garrett ones, I have pictures of them. I guess whether theyre brand new or just look like it, Ill find out soon. No need to be a dick about it.... He just gave me a decent deal if I bought both of them.

Check out my car....

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:00 PM
^^^ What will you let the manifold and injectors go for? That's all I need!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:04 PM
Id like to get rid of the other as a complete unit, but I dunno shoot me an offer and I'll seriously consider it once I actually get them in my hands and everything is cool with them.

Check out my car....
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:36 PM
$500 is my offer. You're lucky you called them today or they would've been mine tomorrow.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:53 PM
lol... I know. Do you already have a td04? I only want to 6-8psi anyway so this will totally be fine for me.

Check out my car....
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:58 PM
I do, but I will try out the Garrett too. I think I can squeeze more power out of the garrett than people are letting on. And yes, I am going to be at 8 to 10 psi for a little while. The serious mods are coming later this year.

e-mail me at semfikapp@yahoo.com with what you would like to get for the turbo/manifold/injector combo.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:16 PM
Nytemare wrote:B@$+@rd.....I want one....$550 for a Garrett setup.....

My Buddie has an old 9000 CD with a t3 on it and it makes about 1.25 bar+
we've had it max the needle on the boost gauge (approx 2.0 bar)...but the stock injectors don't have the fueling capacity.

So you've had your saab to 28 lbs of boost. Riiiggght.
Can a t3 even make 28 psi of boost?
and...
The boost gauges don't have numbers on them.( unless I'm mistaken)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:25 PM
they dont have guages on them

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:00 PM
Actually it cost more than $800.

The turbo and manifold were used and the trade made for them cost $625 alone.

well that and I had most the parts already laying around so I didn't have to re-buy them. I did have to pay for them earier on though.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:58 PM
Let me know if you find an auto so you can fab me up a downpipe brandoson.

Check out my car....
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:36 PM
Snowman wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

not to mention mitsu turbos are more expensive. a 42/48 garrett would be my choice over a t25/14b /15g or even small 16g all day

yes if that were the case but we are talking about the saab setup. as on the 9-3 where the t3 flange is not used. a triagle shaped flage is.
also his comparison was between the garett gt2052 and the mitsubishi TDO4L-14T.
partly because these are the 2 urbos that are available from saab that fit the manifold.

and as for upgrade i meant they "are " from the garrett unit. may not be the best but its all a matter of opinion.

i mean we dropped 800 dollars on bradosons setup and he is in the 13.8 range on 6psi w/ the tdo4 and that was everythign intercooler downpipe the whole schebang.

there is complete garrett setup on ebay right now. hehe but im not gonna say where to find it.

personally i cant even fathom why you guys want to @!#$ with overpriced cast manifolds and smallish low cfm turbos.

for 550 i could whip up a setup for any car that would put those dinky things to shame.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:22 AM
do i smell a challenge?

to finally put the myth that small turbos are bad?

so 550 to put brandosons car to shame?.......thats for turbo and manifold.
well lets see it in dyno numbers and quarter mile times.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:14 AM
CCFAB.... $550?? lol. lol Some of these folks always expect people to do what they would do. Wow. Why can't they realize that everyone seeks a different need and they don't have to be a sheep and follow you wherever you go.

WHERE'S THE MUTHA **** LUV, MANG?!?!!!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:35 AM
all power output numbers set aside...

a cast manifold is going to last.

also some people are looking for reliability along with power rather than the just the highest power output.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:22 PM
^^ agreed
You may be able to put together a setup thats nice and has the potential to put out 500hp, and that sounds great but it obviously doesnt fit the real needs of the people posting in this thread. I think itll be nice to have 6--8 psi on stock internals with a turbo that has virtually no lag or spool up time. I dont need a turbo that carries the potential to make 20 psi.

Check out my car....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search